England v. Algeria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

I said after the USA game that the selection and preparation of the team is down to the Manager. I'm afraid that this ruthless streak he's supposed to have is a myth. If the players don't perform on the pitch then regardless of who they are they should be replaced.

Rooney and Heskey were absolutely awful. Little or no movement and no control whatsoever, which overtime contributed to a lack of confidence in the rest of the team. Lampard and Gerrard, both great players but occupy the same position. Please pick one or the other.

Come on Capello show that ruthless streak. Your team selection is based on reputation not form.

I would pick Green, Ashley Cole, Dawson, Terry, Johnson, Gerrard, Barry, Joe Cole, Lennon, Defoe and Crouch.

Debian

Well here's something to look forward to:

If England and USA draw their final games then GD will be the same. It then goes to goals scored. Work out the permutations on that!

If that's even then lots will be drawn.

Both games take place at the same time so the permutations will change on a rolling basis.

Will anyone have any fingernails left?? :blush:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
User3143 said:
If we and the USA draw then the US will through on the account that they have scored more goals.

??? not if we both draw the next games but we draw scoring more than in their game. :tongue:

johnnyh

Veteran
James

Johnson Terry A.Cole

Lennon Lampard Barry J.Cole

Gerrard

Crouch
Defoe

3-5-2 and no Shrek, attack attack attack...

likelyhood of it happening.... ZERO

PaulB

Legendary Member
Wigsie said:
Peter Kay on Comedy Central now, going to cheer up... tomorrow is another day!

"How does Bob Marley Like his Doughnuts?"

"We're Jammin!"

No. It's 'wi' jammin''

Debian

Wigsie said:
??? not if we both draw the next games but we draw scoring more than in their game. :tongue:

If USA draw 0-0 and we draw 2-2 then it's lot-drawing! I.e. we have to draw scoring two more goals than USA to take it to lots. If we draw scoring 3 or more more goals than USA then we go through.

If we win we go through.

If we draw and USA win then we go out.

Basically we HAVE to win! Terrible position for the team to have got us into. Still, I suppose we could have been in France's position.......

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I think if the teams are level on points, goal difference and goals scored it will come down to who has the least number of cards against.

In the event of that being tied as well it will probably be the toss of a coin as there is nowhere to fit in a play-off.

reiver said:
Apparently an investigation has been launched into security at the world cup finals after 11 Scottish fans sneaked into the English dressing room before kick off, pinched the team kit and for 90 minutes pretended to be the English world cup eleven.

Even Scotland couldn't be that bad.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
yello said:
Nah, not even the Scots could be that bad. :tongue:

Wrong thread, I think you meant to post that here

Debian said:
If USA draw 0-0 and we draw 2-2 then it's lot-drawing! I.e. we have to draw scoring two more goals than USA to take it to lots. If we draw scoring 3 or more more goals than USA then we go through.

If we win we go through.

If we draw and USA win then we go out.

Basically we HAVE to win! Terrible position for the team to have got us into. Still, I suppose we could have been in France's position.......

All this Drawing... I am going to get an Art Attack! :wacko::laugh::biggrin::laugh:

Taxi! :smile:

aberal

Guru
hackbike 666 said:
Even Scotland couldn't be that bad.

Trust me on this one....they could. If it really had been Scotland in England jerseys it would have been 4-1 Algeria with Scotland brilliantly rallying in the last 5 minutes and scoring a consolation goal bounced off someone's shin.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Breaking News
Slovenia v England
Team Selection
The first eleven England supporters who show up at the players' entrance with their own football boots will start the match; the next twelve will be on the bench. Prima donnas, cry babies and divers need not apply.
Tactics
Not to be confused with Tic Tacs! Put the round, bouncy thing (hereinafter called 'the ball') into your opponent's onion bag (also called 'the net' or the 'goal' Please note, the word is 'goal' and not 'gaol'.
Your opponents will be wearing a different coloured outfit to you. You will have to note that your goalkeeper will be wearing a differnt coloured top to you but shorts and socks will be the same.

gavintc

Guru
The players will be exonerated for their failings and we will simply demand the head of Capello. Public recriminations will begin next week and he will gone by the end of August.

postman

Legendary Member
Just been for a newspaper to my local garage .Got involved as a witness in a brawl.

A motorist was trying to put his England flag on another car .

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
darkstar said:
I truly believe we have the players to do well, it's just tactics and team moral. The people hiding behind computer screens or newspapers claiming they knew it all along and basking in their cynical, snidey pessimistic views just annoy me.

Sorry, I just get angry with it all.

What's with all the 'we'? some of us are entirely neutral here.

Top Bottom