England v Slovenia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, it's certainly no more than England deserve. They were not the best side in that group.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
finishing work early so I can go and buy a Ghana shirt and support them tonight so ze germans can play the USA on Saturday!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I reckon England could have beaten either Uruguay or Germany, I think they have no chance against Argentina though.

darkstar

Can the pessimists (most of the people on these boards) summon up the ability to admit that England played quite well today?

I'm proud of the side, they were a transformed outfit. They all looked passionate and hungry for the ball. Most of the top sides have had a rocky road up till now, so who knows what will happen next?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
darkstar said:
Can the pessimists (most of the people on these boards) summon up the ability to admit that England played quite well today?

I'm proud of the side, they were a transformed outfit. They all looked passionate and hungry for the ball. Most of the top sides have had a rocky road up till now, so who knows what will happen next?

+1. Shame about that save from Rooney...if the boy could only get one, it would do wonders for his confidence (he's just a big kid when all's said & done) and then anything could happen.

Davidc

Guru
Davidc said:
More likely a jumbo jet.

OK I was wrong.

marinyork

England did play quite well. There wasn't any of this stumbling ineptly round the pitch and several players had pretty good performances. I couldn't really ever see them equalising but their keeper was great.

marinyork

Flying_Monkey said:
Well, it's certainly no more than England deserve. They were not the best side in that group.

If one went on deserve (short of some amazing final performances) there'd only be about 7 teams going through to the round of 16.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Fnaar said:
England will win 2-1, conceding a first half goal, and scoring their two in minutes 68 and 75. I dreamt it. :evil:

Fnaar said:
The match will be interrupted by Greedo streaking onto the pitch, chased by a semi-naked Konnie Huq, asking for her house keys back. ;)

OK, I was wrong. But we won, so sod it! :tongue:

Top Bottom