Enigma Etape or Echo ? - Any advice welcome please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deepakvrao

I think Enigma sounds good.

I have a further complication. I live in India, and I need someone who will do a VAT refund. I am buying 2 bikes, so the VAT is significant.

My worry about Enigma is this:

I know that their off the shelf frames are made in the far east. I also know that the far east can be great manufacturing as well as not so great.

In one word, would an off the shelf frame from Enigma be well built?

Edit: Echo for myself and the Elle for my wife.

vickster

Legendary Member

I have a further complication. I live in India, and I need someone who will do a VAT refund. I am buying 2 bikes, so the VAT is significant.

I know that their off the shelf frames are made in the far east. I also know that the far east can be great manufacturing as well as not so great.

Why not get in touch with Enigma

@Onyer has experience of sourcing Ti frames from the Far East, might be able to help

Onyer

Hi
I have had an Enigma Etape in the past and I can testify to their quality. My mate has a Sabbath and they are also very good. I have seen Kinesis frames at shops and the London Bike Show. I have also imported Ti frames from a very good manufacturer in china and their quality is as good as any I have seen or ridden. @jowwy will be able to testify to the quality as he had his frame made by the same manufacturer. The advantage of going to a manufacturer in china is that you can design the frame to your specifications and geometry. Cost is a lot less than from a UK distributer as you do not have the overheads of the distributer organisation. They will ship directly to you so no need to worry about VAT. You can then build the bike to your specification, i.e. select your groupset, wheels, bars, saddle etc.
With regards to VAT though, Enigma should be able to ship it without charging VAT as you are outside the EU.
If you want any more info you can send a PM.
Good luck in your search

Top Bottom