enigma ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
Can anyone explain in simple terms the difference between the various enigma models (other than price), I'm suffering from word blindness from reading about them and I'm still none the wiser!

TIA

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not give them a call or go visit :smile:

It'll come down to the geometry, sportive, endurance, more aggressive, then you've got discs etc

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
visit is unfortunately not possible due to the 300 mile trip! I was just wondering if anyone understood it.

Ive got a problem with lists of any kind - I cant work out menus so there's no chance of working out the difference between a fast endurance bike and a quick endurance bike :-)

visit is unfortunately not possible due to the 300 mile trip! I was just wondering if anyone understood it.

Ive got a problem with lists of any kind - I cant work out menus so there's no chance of working out the difference between a fast endurance bike and a quick endurance bike :-)

Maybe you're a visual rather than verbal kind of person? If so, Google Images may be your friend... get up the pictures of the different models and tune in to the different proportions - short and low at the front? longer chainstays? what looks like you would like to on the bike, bent over it and pedalling away? bb

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
They do have dealers.....one's probably within reasonable distance. Or, as @vickster suggested, ring them....

What do you want from the bike? We could then point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
i'm intending to go to a dealer, I just wondered if anyone could make sense of the different models. I have a particular form of dyslexia which means lists and comparisons are impossible unless the specifications are lined up like in a spreadsheet.

plus its a friday night and I just wondered.

as it is I'm a 55 year old club ride/sportive type. not a racer, but reasonable for my age and decrepitness - ie 100 mile at 16mph average.so don'tneed a racerbut also dont need a touring bike with pannier fittings.I'm also 6'3" tall and weigh 15 stone

I think you've answered your own question,personally,. Looking at the Enigma website they only have two categories of titanium road bike "Endurance" or "Fast Endurance" - guess which one your CV puts you in?

The frame geometry can be customised to suit, it says. Presumably they can do spreadsheet style if you're paying..?!

I do like the look of their steel bikes, I must confess :whistle:

Just depends how much you want to spend.

StuAff

i'm intending to go to a dealer, I just wondered if anyone could make sense of the different models. I have a particular form of dyslexia which means lists and comparisons are impossible unless the specifications are lined up like in a spreadsheet.

plus its a friday night and I just wondered.

as it is I'm a 55 year old club ride/sportive type. not a racer, but reasonable for my age and decrepitness - ie 100 mile at 16mph average.so don'tneed a racerbut also dont need a touring bike with pannier fittings.I'm also 6'3" tall and weigh 15 stone
I agree, sounds like you're looking at endurance & fast endurance categories.

I agree, sounds like you're looking at endurance & fast endurance categories.
lol considering those are the only two categoies of road bike they have, I should say that was a foregone conclusion! bb

StuAff

Some people insist on getting hung up on the marketing for bikes rather than looking at their specifications. My Ti bike has 'Gravel' on its top tube. In its current configuration and with its current owner, it's a road bike, thank you very much.

PK99

Legendary Member
Can anyone explain in simple terms the difference between the various enigma models (other than price), I'm suffering from word blindness from reading about them and I'm still none the wiser!

TIA

The guys at Enigma are very good, very nice and very helpful.

Call them, have a chat. Explain what sort of rider you are and what you need/want from a bike and they will, I am sure, be only too glad to help.

Paul Smith of Enigma ex of corridor and persons used to post here. He's a really good guy.

Ps I bought an Etape disc for Mrs PK last year in their showroom clearance, so I am biased but they really would be my first call if my van nicolas yukon died.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you are in Essex, Swift Cycles near Liverpool Street are an Enigma dealer. I'd still call the main place in Sussex though :smile:

Top Bottom