Enjoyed today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Woke up as usual, wanting to get on the bike, yet raining again. At least the snow has gone from here, but it has not stopped raining ever since. The forecast was sheet rain all day, but in amazement I saw sunshine from midday, grabbed the bike, and had the best ride for weeks (if not months). South-West France does have its perks sometimes.

Sorry to all you guys in the UK with heavy snow, I hope you can all get out soon.

The last (hopefully) of heavy snow (well light snow over-hyped ;)) fell in Peterborough last night we are supposed to get your rain tonight.

Haven't opened the curtains yet but there was supposed to be rain last night so am hoping I can get out for the first time in a couple of weeks! Let's have a look...

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Haven't opened the curtains yet but there was supposed to be rain last night so am hoping I can get out for the first time in a couple of weeks! Let's have a look...

Same here, south westerly wind and rain has cleared the bulk of the snow but the forecast is now very wet and windy. When will it end? :sad:

Same here, south westerly wind and rain has cleared the bulk of the snow but the forecast is now very wet and windy. When will it end? :sad:
Yup...Just looked at the forecast and is due to be v wet and windy all week :sad::sad: Only day that looks kind of ok is tomorrow...the only day I can't cycle as having to take Little Tiger to the hospital in the a.m. :sad::sad::sad:

Lot of the snow gone but it is still only 4 degrees out and there will still be ice patches so be careful if anyone chooses to go out. Was tempted to do CX this morning but decided against it as the hills will still be risky business. Turbo trainer for me, again.

eck

Über Member
Hello from Angus to you guys along the road in Perthshire. There's been a big thaw here overnight so I'm hoping the main roads will be ok. I'm going to risk it, heading east from Kirriemuir to Montrose and back into the wind via Brechin. I'll be on the old mountain bike, so I may be gone some time....

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Lot of the snow gone but it is still only 4 degrees out and there will still be ice patches so be careful if anyone chooses to go out. Was tempted to do CX this morning but decided against it as the hills will still be risky business. Turbo trainer for me, again.

I admire your commitment keeping it going on the turbo. I find indoor exercising so boring I just can't force myself to do it. Going to be like being a beginner on the bike again when I get going!

..........and Eck. Much respect to you for getting out. Enjoy your ride.

I admire your commitment keeping it going on the turbo. I find indoor exercising so boring I just can't force myself to do it. Going to be like being a beginner on the bike again when I get going!

..........and Eck. Much respect to you for getting out. Enjoy your ride.
I use software which gives me incentive. Hitting targets and shows progress etc. It's called Trainerroad. Though i put a dvd on also to stop me from dying of utter boredom. I have watched so many films recently. My lasting impression of each film seems to be of pain funnily enough, lol.

Hello from Angus to you guys along the road in Perthshire. There's been a big thaw here overnight so I'm hoping the main roads will be ok. I'm going to risk it, heading east from Kirriemuir to Montrose and back into the wind via Brechin. I'll be on the old mountain bike, so I may be gone some time....
Should be fine on main roads. I decided against because my route be mostly up hills and back roads. I've done it before thinking it would be fine and it was death on a stick. In spring and summer it is cycling country though. Loads of great climbs and descents. So BRING ON SPRING AND SUMMER!!! ^_^

eck

Über Member
Should be fine on main roads. I decided against because my route be mostly up hills and back roads. I've done it before thinking it would be fine and it was death on a stick. In spring and summer it is cycling country though. Loads of great climbs and descents. So BRING ON SPRING AND SUMMER!!! ^_^
Didn't go the planned route: I hadn't realised the SW wind was as strong so, when I got to Forfar I turned into the wind, past Noodley's road end, and took back roads by Newtyle to Coupar Angus then back by Meigle. A ride of two halves due to the wind. Only about 40 miles, BUT I did enjoy it. A pleasant change from the tedium of the turbo or the terror of the rollers.

Didn't go the planned route: I hadn't realised the SW wind was as strong so, when I got to Forfar I turned into the wind, past Noodley's road end, and took back roads by Newtyle to Coupar Angus then back by Meigle. A ride of two halves due to the wind. Only about 40 miles, BUT I did enjoy it. A pleasant change from the tedium of the turbo or the terror of the rollers.
40 miles is a good deal better than sitting on the turbo and rollers day in day out. Consider me jealous.

Top Bottom