Enought time for event?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Its a new chain and cassette.

It sounds like a trim of the index. New fitted cass are never in the same position as the one that came off.

What does that mean?

Im not really going to get a lot of time between now and the 23rd when the event is, i think ill try get it in the shop on the 22nd as i have the day off then

In the mean time ill try have a play myself

CXRAndy

Guru
Its what we talked about in previous posts with pictures. But you're not sure what is going on. So first you need to assess the jumping gear, is the chain trying to jump up onto the next cog or is it dropping off the easiest gear.

A bike shop would put the bike on a stand and go through the gears looking for the signs of mos-shifting.

Im fortunate to have bike stand too so it has been easy for me to learn about gear shifting and adjustments.

Its what we talked about in previous posts with pictures. But you're not sure what is going on. So first you need to assess the jumping gear, is the chain trying to jump up onto the next cog or is it dropping off the easiest gear.

A bike shop would put the bike on a stand and go through the gears looking for the signs of mos-shifting.

Im fortunate to have bike stand too so it has been easy for me to learn about gear shifting and adjustments.
Yes, so glad I got an Aldi stand last year, not expensive, and make everything a whole lot easier.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Just had a little play, this is what it looks like now
20190311_191338.jpg
20190311_191338.jpg
20190311_191446.jpg

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Also while playing i noticed this on tje chain
20190311_191636.jpg

Which has really annoyed me, means another trip to halfords.
Or i might just go to a proper bike shop!

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
When its time to replace the chain SRAM chains come with a quick connector.
Good Luck on the Sportive ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Last ride before the event this morning only managed Just the 19 miles today the wind and rain beat me.

It was nothing to do with the fact the mrs and kids are out all day and i bought red dead redemption yesterday though!

Seriously though that wind was tough today blowing me all over the place!

13 rider

Guru
Gusty winds is the worst possible riding conditions you can face . Hopefully today should be the last properly windy day so hopefully your event will have better conditions . Good luck for the ride and report back to us

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Gusty winds is the worst possible riding conditions you can face . Hopefully today should be the last properly windy day so hopefully your event will have better conditions . Good luck for the ride and report back to us
Wimped out on one day this week due to it binning it down and gales too , another day i rode to work but took a car home wards after slinging my bike in the back of a mates car to get it home for him as he was taken to hospital the week before with heart arrhythmia .So a short week for me on top of a lot ofmissed miles atm , been doing 2-3hours overtime every day since jan so i havent been out a lot

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Arrrrgh its the sportive tomorrow morning, felt like ive been coming down with a bug all day and having struggled last week on my ride i feel like im gonna find it tough.
Nevermind not pulling out now, feel nervous about riding in a group too as never done it!
Oh well should be fun^_^

13 rider

Guru
Good luck . Take it steady . Just leave a bit a room to anyone in front of you and beaware of riders behind you and don't do any suddenly like stopping without warning . Just relax and enjoy it

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd say if you've never ridden in a group before, best to not even try in a sportive when others might be thinking it's a race. You could hurt yourself or someone else, just hang well back

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yeah im not going to try and ride in a group, just do my own thing.

Ive just squirted some honey and a pinch of salt in my second water bottle, just incase i feel im flagging.

Got a couple nutrigran bars and 2 soreen loafs pinched from the kids too haha.

Hopefully i wont need anywhere near what im taking but think its quite hilly so would rather have too much

Top Bottom