erectile dysfunction / impotence neuropathy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
I find that after a long ride (3-4 hours) where I have not stopped, that it is painful to pee. The sympton lasts for about 1/2 hour until things return to normal down there. But, the first pee after a bike ride feels like I am peeing razor blades. And no, it is not any other problem - had the doc check it all out last week as I was a little concerned.

When I first started using this
2007_0419Trek0005.jpg

I had a bit of 'numb nob' syndrome (usually after the first 5 - 6 miles), but after a bit of nose up, down, level, back, forward adjusting I've had no further problems (bit of an 'odd' experience performing a 'p' stop at the time :laugh:).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
gavintc said:
I find that after a long ride (3-4 hours) where I have not stopped, that it is painful to pee. The sympton lasts for about 1/2 hour until things return to normal down there. But, the first pee after a bike ride feels like I am peeing razor blades. And no, it is not any other problem - had the doc check it all out last week as I was a little concerned.

That will be de-hydration, and concentraited pee !!! - Drink more !

Chris James

Über Member
I also had that once Gavin. Definitely not dehydration. I was worried I was pissing blood or something it hrt that much.

I had put a new Brooks B17N on, but didn't bother checking the new height. Since the rail to arse interface was noticeably bigger on the Brooks than the old saddle, the saddle height was effectively increased.

The combo of a too high and new Brooks was agony for about an hour afterwards, as you say, like peeing razor blades. I thought I had done myself a serious injury.

I realised my mistake and dropped the saddle height a spot and it was fine thereafter (even before the Brooks had 'worn in').

Might be worth a try Gavin?

OP
OP
F

funkytwig

spindrift said:
Funkytwig seems to have funked off.

Just had a hectic weekend. It was actually a Urologist who advised me to stop cycling! I thought there was no medical basis for this and started looking and was still not sure. That is why I brought it up here. Think I will play it safe and get a Toupe.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not being funny mate, but do watch out what the doctor says - 5 hours a week won't affect function - if there is a problem insist on a proper examination or whatever.. (eek - bloke mentality to problems here)

I use a Flite Titanium Saddle - it's not the most comfortable, but I don't get problems - been sat on a flat ride for over 2 hours today, and all was well.

Bear in mind if your saddle/BIKE position isn't good, then even a Toupe will give issues.

Have you had a proper bike fit done - costs about £50 but is cheaper than a Toupe........

cupoftea

I thought the problem was that if the front of you saddle pushed hard into the area directly under the "scrot" for an extended period of time then the “feed” for you doo-dar became damaged/ stretched.

So if you ride you bike properly, i.e. on the back of you ar$e you should be OK.

I get a bit of a semi when I get off a turbo trainer. Something about the different riding position causing a pressure build up which is released when you get off.

The missus wondered what I'd been up to in the garage......

J4CKO

cheadle hulme said:
I get a bit of a semi when I get off a turbo trainer. Something about the different riding position causing a pressure build up which is released when you get off.

The missus wondered what I'd been up to in the garage......

Or, the Turbo Trainer is so boring you mind wanders....

Top Bottom