Eric Elliott Transport Lorry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Why? What was the risk?

Other road users wanting to exit the junction but potentially being obscured by the bus, for starters.

Drago

Legendary Member
All supposition with no grounding.
Your original question? Indeed it was.

Safety on the roads is based upon rules, and a certain standard of adherence to those rules. When one road user ignores those rules the danger comes from others then not knowing how to behave and react in order to remain safe. I'm saddened to see that you are yet another truck driver who can't see the danger in behaving unpredictably with 40+ tonnes of kinetic weapon, and would suggest that perhaps you shouldn't be on the road in any capacity if you are unable to understand how danger is created.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I again cannot see in the video the supposed dangers, I just can't.
Isn't that something you could say about any traffic violation where no one is injured or immediately endangered? 70mph in a 30mph zone is fine if you don't hit anyone, drink driving is fine so long as you don't mount the kerb by the bus stop etc etc. The fact that nobody was killed or injured this time doesn't mean they wont be next time.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Watching that gave me the shivers .. what if it had been a pedestrian crossing in front of the bus, they would have been completely flattened by the truck

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Other road users wanting to exit the junction but potentially being obscured by the bus, for starters.
If you can't see your exit is clear, you don't exit driving 101.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
[QUOTE 4412538, member: 45"]Incidents are very often the result of not one factor but of the combination of a number of smaller issues which in isolation don't seek significant. All that it takes in these incidents is for one of these factors not to be present, so there are multiple opportunities to avoid the incident happening.

That's why it's wrong to suggest that there's nothing unsafe about steering 40 tons of machinery contrary to the intended flow of traffic with no forewarning.[/QUOTE]
There was NO oncoming traffic.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
[QUOTE 4412849, member: 259"]What part of Driving 101 doesn't include "You don't drive on the wrong side of the road round a traffic island in a truck"?[/QUOTE]
What part says you can't overtake when safe to do so?

Top Bottom