Eric Elliott Transport Lorry.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I phoned the transport manager today. He said the driver in question was a long term employee with an exemplary record, and that he wouldn't have been so surprised if it had been one of his other drivers I was calling to complain about. Hmmm, so he has bad drivers, but still employs them??? Anyway, I sent a link to the video, and asked for a response as I was considering taking if further. I also asked him to relay any reason that the driver many offer in his defence. I'll await the TMs reply, then decide what to do.
Don't leave it too long. There's a fair chance he could get knocked off for 'dangerous', so you want to give the Feds the chance to NIP him within 14 days. Reasonable chance for adios licence for that - as aforementioned, local bloke recently lost his ticket for exactly the same stunt.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Let's give this one last try. An act is not dangerous only if there is victim in the right place and time to be injured by it. It is dangerous if there is a significant chance of such a person being present regardless of whether they actually are.

Drink driving is dangerous whether or not someone is on the road in front of you.

Firing a gun into a crowded space is dangerous whether or not anyone happens to be in the firing line.

Overtaking the wrong side of a mandatory traffic sign in a spot with road facilities designed for pedestrians at a junction where visibility is obscured by a bus is dangerous whether or not someone crosses the road or emerges from the junction.
You've lost any chance of respect, you keep comparing a minor rule breaking to D&D and firing guns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
[QUOTE 4412962, member: 45"]He unnecessarily increased the risk that he presented on the road. In that respect he was driving dangerously.[/QUOTE]
Why? Because of an empty traffic island. As I've said, if there was no island this would just be an opportunistic over take manoeuvre.

jay clock

Massive member
the business is not huge and looks like a one man band, presumably Mr E Elliott

SO the police are definitely the place to go as he will likely ignore the complaint

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
[QUOTE 4412999, member: 45"]Not just, no. It was a reactive, unprepared overtake which included a roundabout. It was unplanned.[/QUOTE]
Roundabout? I need to watch it again.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have had a class one licence for over 30 years and I just want to make this a bit simpler. that was bloody awful driving and that driver needs relieving of his licence to drive trucks.

Absolutely poor driving, a poor overtake decision, even with the high POV, impatient, inconsiderate to the possibility of a person looking the correct way, seeing no approaching traffic, and getting flattened by a dangerous and illegal manoeuvre.
The driver is a poor excuse for the road haulage profession, and should lose his licence completely not just the Cat 'C' LGV. The Traffic commissioner and the police should be notified. Likely that the vehicle could be traced from routing, and the driver from tachograph.
Anyone who thinks that there is any justification for making the move, cannot possibly understand the guidance for overtaking, the Highway code Rules 162, 163, 165, 167 and 169 have all been breached by this decision. No doubt ths will cause some people to continue to defend their view, and this only compounds the decision which the driver took to be 'acceptable' in this case, which is absolutley potty...The registration is visible on the unit, and the decision to go around the island is a verry late one, caused by the realisation that to return to the lane would crush the cyclist.... poor planning... Goodness, please report this...

Last edited:

burntoutbanger

Veteran
I've also been driving a Class 2 for eight years, that is a shocking overtake. It puts the rest of the profession in a bad light and while I'm extremely reluctant to wish someone's licence away, that driver certainly needs a good talking to.

As a fellow HGV driver I'm ashamed that Rohloff Brompton Rider can defend it in any way shape or form.

Top Bottom