Error in the Gallery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I was looking in the Gallery and clicked on a photo and got the following error message:

2z7ehp0.jpg

It was on one of potsy's photos - whereas I can look at other people's images ok.

Shaun

Founder
Potsy has posted 3 gallery images and I can view them both as Admin and as a regular member without any problems.

Could you try again - just to ensure the error reoccurs - and then let me know which image it is?

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Hi Shaun/Summers,this will be because i put 'friends only' in the options.Was trying to put an image into a PM and could only do it by putting them into the gallery 1st, There used to be an album in your profile which is not there now.
Is there another way to do it?

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Opps sorry ... I just look in the gallery and take a peek at new photos... you are obviously more advanced than myself I didn't even know there was a friends only option.

Shaun

Founder
Simon, can you post the specific error message - they usually have a code number in front of them - this helps the developers identify what's going wrong ... :biggrin:

Thanks,

Simon, can you post the specific error message - they usually have a code number in front of them - this helps the developers identify what's going wrong ... :biggrin:

Thanks,

Shaun ... i dont know how to post the proper image like Miss Summer has ? but this is the message i get in the pink strip

"[#107145] The image upload failed, please contact a system administrator"

Thanks

Simon

Shaun

Founder
Simon,

I suspect you've tried to link to an image hosted on the web somewhere - that will produce this error.

The gallery is intended for files to be uploaded from your PC, so you need to upload rather than link.

Can you confirm if this is the case?

Thanks,

bauldbairn

There used to be an album in your profile which is not there now.
Is there another way to do it?

+1, I was mucking around last night(this morning) putting some photos in what I thought was my profile album - only to find I'd posted them in another gallery. One set of photos are only in the gallery not my profile. :wacko: I must admit I'm not the best with this computer mullarkey - I'll get the hang of it eventually. ;)

Also Shaun if you read this - why are some members posted photos on threads unviewable to me?????

bauldbairn

Can you give me some examples please?

Not many examples, it is only on the odd post but here's an example - it's post #15 by Spinney on Aunty Arch's Concorde thread! Here;

http://www.cyclechat...5963#entry13259

Also mcshrooms picture post #1 on his recent - "Speed v's Stunts" thread is unviewable(to me)?

It's not a priority Shaun - I know you have other more important issues than this one just now. :smile:

Also one other minor question(while I'm here) - will we get the links to similar threads back, that used to be at the bottom of each page? I quite liked that feature.

Cheers.

Well done so far - it's getting easyier to negotiate as I get use to the layout. :thumbsup:

Shaun

Founder
I'll have a look at that later on.

There may be a plugin for "similar topics", I'll have a look around.

Cheers,

Simon,

I suspect you've tried to link to an image hosted on the web somewhere - that will produce this error.

The gallery is intended for files to be uploaded from your PC, so you need to upload rather than link.

Can you confirm if this is the case?

Thanks,

Hi Shaun ... i was uploading from my computer and not linking to images from the web ?

Simon

Shaun

Founder
Hi Shaun ... i was uploading from my computer and not linking to images from the web ?

Simon

Okay,

Could you please try again, and at the bottom part of the editing page there should be an upload usage line that indicated how much disk space you've used and what your usergroup allowance is.

Can you tell me what it says there please?

Thanks,

Top Bottom