Estate car or MPV ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I heard mini cab drivers love Skodas for their excellent after-sales service deals. You *know* you're free of breakdown/maintenace worries for three years, or five, or whatever.

[QUOTE 2164962, member: 259"]It's amazing how all the taxi drivers here have switched from E class Mercs to Skoda Superbs - I suppose having a huge amount of legroom for rear passengers is a big advantage (as well as being half the price :rolleyes:).[/quote]
One of our Consultants is 6'5", & has a Superb estate
Even with the drivers seat set for him, he can still sit very comfortably with lots of legroom in the back seat

I have a hatred of the current MPV market, I'm aware that for some people, they fit the bill perfectly, but the smaller mini mpv's such that have just 5 seats and the boot space of a very small hatch, surely the space advantage has gone until you start taking seats out?

but then I did grow up with mum having a Montego estate, that thing was huge!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
finally decided to purchase a second hand Volvo V50 estate 1.6d Sports Design with 26k on the clock .£30 a year tax & 50/60mpg.
... and they're great to drive too ....

Leightonr

Another positive word for another Xsara Picasso. Our 2000 Picasso has finally died. Often carry 4 bikes on tow bar mounted carrier + top box. Once it died I looked at lots of other models with budget of £3500 but in the end decided to go for new Picasso. No cambelt change required until 150,000 miles, reliable and economical.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We had a Renault Kangoo for a couple of years. We could get the dogs in with room to spare, we could get the bikes in when necessary, we took it on holiday and it was a handy towing vehicle. The parcel shelf on the inside above the windscreen was massive, the little cupboards in the back, like aircraft lockers only smaller, were amazing especially for going on hols. We could hide the dog treats in there and they couldn't break in.

I would have another one, it was really good once the little nagging issues had been sorted out.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Man is a hunter gatherer, going from a car (even an estate) to a People carrier is like hanging up your club and telling the other cavemen your to old and past it and the wife is now in charge.

The day i get a MPV / People carrier is the day i crawl in a hole and accept life is over for me , just another slave to the kids.

Just been watching an old top gear and seen the car i wanted in my youth - Lancia Delta Integraly
martinilanciaintegrale.jpg

Get one of these

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
finally decided to purchase a second hand Volvo V50 estate 1.6d Sports Design with 26k on the clock .£30 a year tax & 50/60mpg.

I have had the 2lt version for 3 years now , love it , the best most comfy seat i have ever had in a car.

Mine has 125,000 on the clock and still feels like a new car

Stu Smith

Veteran
I have X Type jag estate 2.0 diesel best car I've ever owned...My mate's do take the mick and say its a Mondeo estate in a party frock..but its much better than that..

Top Bottom