Etape Caledonia 2018

Discussion in 'Sportives' started by Angus444, 28 Nov 2017.

1. Angus444

Angus444 Senior Member

Yet again, I pre-registered for the early entry, (same as 2016, 2017) and yet again no email from Etape Caledonia HQ. I sent a FB message to them but no response......

Any members here have the link?

2. viniga

viniga Über Member

I got an e-mail from them today.

3. gaijintendo

gaijintendo Über Member

Do they change the route? I did the previous route last year without all the other people and it was a treat.

4. Scottish Scrutineer

Scottish Scrutineer Active Member

I didn't get an email for early entry, nor did one of our group, however my wife got her email. General entry opens this morning apparently. Not done this one yet, but signed up to do it and Loch Ness for the second time

5. dhd.evans

dhd.evans Über Member

They've extended it to 85mi this year it seems. If you're up at the event village come say hi - i'll be playing the guitar the day before and after the race :smile:

6. beastie

beastie Veteran

Anyone do the Etape today? As this was my fifth Etape and I had done little riding I went for the shameful 40 miler and chatted my way round with my old uni pal. It was a nice morning for a bike ride and the short route was really enjoyable. Bit of an expensive way for a poodle mind

7. dhd.evans

dhd.evans Über Member

I did it yesterday; managed 4hr 18min on the 85mi route; had a couple groups drag me round. Was great fun. Once back at the event village hopped off the bike, stuck on my jeans then played guitar for two hours on stage :smile:

gaijintendo, beastie and rockpig like this.
  8. rockpig

rockpig Well-Known Member

I did it yesterday, first time for me. The new climb was pretty tough (for me) and I was thinking I should have put a 32T cassette on the back a couple of times. Rode with a mate and we chatted most of the way round. Scenery was stunning, even though the day was pretty grey compared to the previous couple of days. Great feeling to cross the line. Very pleased at setting a bunch of personal records...longest ride, fastest 40km, most climbing & highest single climb. The whole thing felt well organised, well marshalled and was a really nice day out.

beastie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice