Etape Caledonia 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angus444

Yet again, I pre-registered for the early entry, (same as 2016, 2017) and yet again no email from Etape Caledonia HQ. I sent a FB message to them but no response......

Any members here have the link?

viniga

Guru
I got an e-mail from them today.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
I didn't get an email for early entry, nor did one of our group, however my wife got her email. General entry opens this morning apparently. Not done this one yet, but signed up to do it and Loch Ness for the second time

beastie

Guru
Anyone do the Etape today? As this was my fifth Etape and I had done little riding I went for the shameful 40 miler and chatted my way round with my old uni pal. It was a nice morning for a bike ride and the short route was really enjoyable. Bit of an expensive way for a poodle mind

dhd.evans

Veteran
Anyone do the Etape today? As this was my fifth Etape and I had done little riding I went for the shameful 40 miler and chatted my way round with my old uni pal. It was a nice morning for a bike ride and the short route was really enjoyable. Bit of an expensive way for a poodle mind

I did it yesterday; managed 4hr 18min on the 85mi route; had a couple groups drag me round. Was great fun. Once back at the event village hopped off the bike, stuck on my jeans then played guitar for two hours on stage :smile:

rockpig

Über Member
I did it yesterday, first time for me. The new climb was pretty tough (for me) and I was thinking I should have put a 32T cassette on the back a couple of times. Rode with a mate and we chatted most of the way round. Scenery was stunning, even though the day was pretty grey compared to the previous couple of days. Great feeling to cross the line. Very pleased at setting a bunch of personal records...longest ride, fastest 40km, most climbing & highest single climb. The whole thing felt well organised, well marshalled and was a really nice day out.

Top Bottom