Etape du dales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
I had a great day. It was nice to meet Ash - the advantage of matching tops! I got asked by a few people what cyclechat was so some advertising for the site as well.

I got round in 9:07 I was hoping to be around 10-11hours so I'm really pleased. That's my second ton ever.

ash68

got round fine myself too.Pleased with my time, just over 7 hours. Really enjoyed the day, sunshine, hills, lovely countryside and friendly people. Brilliant.Was good to meet you Trio. Well done on getting round a tough course, looked like you were going well when I saw you.There seemed to be a few cycle events going on in that part of yorkshire yesterday.People flying around in all directions.

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
That was fast ash.
Feel suprisingly fine today, did a 20mile mountain bike ride and legs were fine, I took it easy but think I could have rode normally.
Yes lots of cyclists around, nice part of the country for cycling.

ash68

Think you must have better recovery than me. i rode to work and back which is a round trip of 27 miles, just did light spinning today, but could feel it on every little climb. i've entered a couple more rides down that area. The white rose classic in June and the ryedale rumble in july which is a bit further east . Are you or anyone else entered into either of these? Think the White Rose is full now , but the Ryedale ride still has places left if anyone wants to enter it. It takes in Boltby bank and the famous rosedale chimney bank which is 1 in 3 in places. Think they'll both be tough rides but well i like a bit of a challenge.

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
I'm training to complete transwales this year so riding the day after a hard ride is good for me. Went out yesterday, did 26miles in total, was just looking at the course for a duathlon I am doing at the weekend and then did some hill repeats.

Not doing either of them but I am riding the legbreaker and the pendle pedal. I did the short distance of both the events last year so this year the aim is to complete the long distances.

OP
OP
trio25

trio25

Über Member
Found some pictures of me, no idea how to add them here, although I'll try but here is a link to my blog.

http://trio25.blogspot.com/2008/05/etape-pics.html

What number were you Ash?

etape+du+dales+1.jpg

ash68

good pics there Trio. I was number 48. There's 3 pics of me on the photographers website linked from the etape site. You would have to go there to see them as I ain't clever enough to get them on here. lol.

ash68

thanks for doing that Trio. I ain't too computer litterate as you can probably guess. hehe.

Top Bottom