Etape Loch Ness 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
Jump the train and air b&b. Lots to choose from. :okay:
I think the plan is to drive. Road trip! I looked at train prices, bit too steep at the minute

Freds Dad

Veteran
I think the plan is to drive. Road trip! I looked at train prices, bit too steep at the minute

Cheap fares don't go on sale until 12 weeks before departure date. You can set up an email reminder on Trainline then use a ticket splitting site to save even more.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Just booked it.

26 April 2020. My first sportive of 2020. My first cycling event EVER. Can't wait.

I've got 6 months to train and avoid getting embarrassed.

Who else is in or is planning to sign up?

Maybe next year; once again it's the day after the Kinross Sportive which is one bugger of a ride.

OP
OP
BigMeatball

BigMeatball

Question for all the people who did it in the previous years and know the terrain: do you have any particular advice on what tyres should be used?

I have Schwalbe G-one 38mm on my bike and so far they've been really really good, but I'm wondering if there are thinner tyres that can make me a little bit quicker without compromising majorly on comfort.

I'm not going to race hard, I'm just looking to finish and enjoy the experience.

EasyRider76

Does anyone know of anywhere to store bikes overnight in Inverness? Struggling to find accommodation where I can get at my bike early enough for the start time. Last time I stayed in Inverness I didn't have to be out before 6am :smile:

Dezzie71

I'm booked on this event too ^_^
I've driven around Loch Ness :laugh: and can't wait to cycle it :bicycle: - I'm driving up on the Friday afternoon (only 460+ miles from Birmingham!) and stopping at a Premier Inn so bike will be staying in my room.

Top Bottom