EU Driving Licence When Driving In The UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I have a Spanish driving licence, i was driving a UK car in England but may have been caught by a gatso although I didn't see a flash.
What would happen, will i get fined, if i did , i don't think i can get points but if i get fined I'll pay, the car owner has my details, for the insurance, originally.

You will get the points. For further details enter the following in Google - " Do I get points in the UK on a EU or foreign driving licence"

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
You will get the points. For further details enter the following in Google - " Do I get points in the UK on a EU or foreign driving licence"

I did, they hold the points on a skeleton licence which the DVLA create but I don't actually get points on my spanish licence. Hopefully I didn't pass the camera at speed but it was one hidden behind trees and i have a sneaking suspicion, i did.

I will of course do the speeding course if necessary.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I remember the days when you could get away with murder whilst driving in the UK on a foreign driving licence as there was no collaboration between the UK and the Continent then. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom