Euphemism of the Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When a trainee train driver, some decades ago, I was being mentored in use of a vacuum braked train, and the slow apply/slow release, of the brakes, as they operated sequentially from the locomotive.
The driver said ‘ its quite hard, especially when you’ve got a length on’ which provoked a good deal of childish laughter from myself, and the guard.
It’s one I will likely never forget.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Years ago.....maybe 35 years myself and a mate were giving a lift to a much older guy.....he was in the back.
Early morning, dual carriageway A49 and the older guy says....... "I was up early, had a cup of tea then gave my wife one".
I was crying/laughing so much that (dual carriageway) I was forced to pull over.
The older guy sat there saying "what's up, what have I said".
I still see that mate and it still causes belly laughs

gbb

Legendary Member
I can still remember my inner chuckle when an older lady colleague mentioned to her female colleague in a conversation I overheard...
'My husband gave me a lovely pearl necklace last night'

Who knows, perhaps they were incredibly enlightened for their age...or maybe it's because it was actually her birthday the day before.

Julia9054

Guru
There have been a pair of Tits looking at my nest box just as I was about to clean it out.

sorry, meant to post on the wildlife thread.
I teach biology. There are always tits in exam questions. Question setters cruel joke on hormonal teenage boys!
You get a better class of euphemism (euphoniumism) in brass band world where it is all bell ends and fingering

winjim

Smash the cistern
I teach biology. There are always tits in exam questions. Question setters cruel joke on hormonal teenage boys!
You get a better class of euphemism (euphoniumism) in brass band world where it is all bell ends and fingering
Sounds horny.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Back to nature -

One of Samantha’s pursuits is keeping bees. She already has three dozen or so. An expert handler is coming round to give a demonstration. He’ll carefully take out her 38 bees and soon have them flying around his head.

RIP Iain Pattinson.

Top Bottom