Europe is open! Who's going?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It's great value in a stunning setting. We got to see Trombone Shorty in 2017. We've done Montreux as well a few times, but it's hardly got any proper jazz in the main festival, unlike Vienne. And there's some passable cycling around Vienne too. And the shops are much cheaper, not being Switzerland!
Looking at your avatar, it says Die. I hope you have tried the Clairette de Die . It is my favourite Bubbly, much cheaper than Champagne and just as good. :okay:

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Looking at your avatar, it says Die. I hope you have tried the Clairette de Die . It is my favourite Bubbly, much cheaper than Champagne and just as good. :okay:

I most certainly have... it is de rigueur to drink it as an apéro, well chilled (and as it's only 7.5% you don't have to stop at one glass :smile: )! The crémant (the equivalent of a brut champagne) is also very good, and at about £8 a bottle is rather good value.

7.5 per cent?!
Water

I wouldn't touch it.

One of my favourite wines is 15 per cent maybe stronger, to die for, and about 2.5 euro a litre.

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
According to the website when I last looked they are taking bookings.

Making a booking is no guarantee that you will be allowed on board or even if the sailing operates.

are brittany ferries accepting bicycles now?
I don't care, because everywhere they come from will require me to quarantine currently :sad:

OP
OP
robing

robing

Über Member
Did anyone manage a successful tour in Europe this summer? I'd be particularly interested if you crossed borders and what that was like.

Did anyone manage a successful tour in Europe this summer? I'd be particularly interested if you crossed borders and what that was like.

2020_07_12_Neuf-Brisach_35.JPG

fairly uncomplicated, although that may change again soon with the situation in France.

I managed to visit Italy twice, Lazio and Sicily both for about two weeks, took my bike on the plane. I returned from Sicily on 1st October, I only booked it because I could see the situation developing and I knew we would not be able to travel for much longer. Really enjoyed both of them, stayed in airbnb most of the time.
Rome was great value and also not very busy as US and Asian tourists were not allowed to travel directly there. There is a cycle path that goes along the river Tiber from Fiumuncino (airport is there) all the way to the centre of the city and beyond to the north. It's an off road track outside the city limits but much preferable to using the roads.

Was a good trip - hopefully we will be able to visit again soon

Top Bottom