European Championships with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Webbo2

Veteran
Anyone know where there was no women’s elite GB team?

There’s no mens elite team either. British cycling choose not send a team however I might be wrong but they have sent riders for the Time trial.
 

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Location
Brighton
There’s no mens elite team either. British cycling choose not send a team however I might be wrong but they have sent riders for the Time trial.

I believe that's the case. They think the racing schedule is already crowded now with trade team races.
And, personally, I think the European champs are a bit of an 'after the Lord Mayor' s show' event.
 

No Ta Doctor

Veteran
I believe that's the case. They think the racing schedule is already crowded now with trade team races.
And, personally, I think the European champs are a bit of an 'after the Lord Mayor' s show' event.

All very well, but they haven't sent Juniors or u23 for either sex, which seems like a wasted opportunity. u23 is maybe a bit "shouldn't you be riding pro races now anyway?" but Juniors don't always get much racing.
 

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Location
Barnet,
HBO seem to of dropped the men's elite race, went out to make a cup of tea, came back and the rugby coverage is on?
 
Last edited:

No Ta Doctor

Veteran
Oooooh, Remco massive overcook on a corner as they went over the top for the 2nd last time (the the penultimate time, for @Dogtrousers)
He was irritated he hadn't shaken Ciccone out (who is now solo in front) and just went in too hot
 

misforturob

Senior Member
Remco made a right mess of the final corner

But still takes it on the line somehow
 

No Ta Doctor

Veteran
Remco becomes the first rider to win the full set of championship gold medals in both road and TT - Nats, Euros, World's, Olympics
Euros might be the Carabao Cup* of them but that's still a huge achievement.


Incidentally - with the roads WC tending to be a bit of a hilly affair, it might be good to make the Euros more sprint friendly (it used to be a bit sprinty quite often) - just to spread things about a bit more.

EDIT: Forgot the asterix explanation

*sorry for the football reference if that's not your cup of tea. I had another metaphor ready to go but decided that gingerism was probably out of order really, it's 2026, we don't need that stuff
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom