Eurosport on Discovery via Prime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Since losing GCN+ I've been without live cycling, so now the Belgian classics are looming I'm looking into getting some kind of coverage. I can get Eurosport through Amazon Prime at a cost of £6.99 a month.

Does anyone else use this format?
What's the cycling coverage like?

I've got Eurosports through Discovery Plus, also £6.99pcm its a bit like the GCN player with an app and a web site joining up and on demand, and it gives me also access to the Discovery+ documentaries.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I use Discovery+ which I get via my Sky subscription.
The coverage is pretty good, in fact it's the same stuff you used to get on GCN
But that's not what you asked.

No, I have no experience of Eurosport via Prime.

Adam4868

Guru
Sorry to butt in on your thread.....can you watch on demand and catch up with this ?
Still watching on my dodgy firestick at moment so no catch up ☹️

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sorry to butt in on your thread.....can you watch on demand and catch up with this ?

You can watch on demand and catch up on Discovery+ (whether you get it via Prime or Sky or whoever). It's basically the same stuff as GCN+

This morning I watched a stage of the Tour of Provence and a bit of the UAE women's tour while turboing. No adverts.

As I said above:

its a bit like the GCN player with an app and a web site joining up and on demand

I went for a walk this morning/ afternoon and Ive been watching the on-demand relive since.

Mike_P

Guru
Some stuff, cylocross in particular, does have adverts on catch up - the clue is whether the on screen caption is just Eurosport (no ads) or Europort 1, or Eurosport 2 (ads)

Some stuff, cylocross in particular, does have adverts on catch up - the clue is whether the on screen caption is just Eurosport (no ads) or Europort 1, or Eurosport 2 (ads)

Yip, most of the highlights program have ads so I prefer to watch the relive that don't 😐

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Do they do the highlights shows that were on GCN+?
Broadly speaking, it's the same stuff as GCN+. There are probably some differences but I'm not sure what they are.

They do highlights shows. I think they're the same.
I will say one thing though - the implementation of the app on Sky Q box (which is how I use it with my telly) is a bag of shyte.
Heres a screenshot from the Android app.
Screenshot_20240212-073837.png

Last edited:

geocycle

Legendary Member
Has anyone found the Breakaway on discovery plus? I thought it was back for the women’s races but can’t find anything after last years Vuelta.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Might have to break the bank and go for the 6.99 a month deal then...kids can skip a meal once a week.

Under sixty if you pay a year up front. Two years ago I called their bluff by not renewing and a week later got a special offer of £19 for the following year. I tried the same thing last year but it didn't work, after a month of nothing I had to cough up the full amount.

Top Bottom