Eurosport on Discovery via Prime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Since losing GCN+ I've been without live cycling, so now the Belgian classics are looming I'm looking into getting some kind of coverage. I can get Eurosport through Amazon Prime at a cost of £6.99 a month.

Does anyone else use this format?
What's the cycling coverage like?

I've got Eurosports through Discovery Plus, also £6.99pcm its a bit like the GCN player with an app and a web site joining up and on demand, and it gives me also access to the Discovery+ documentaries.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I use Discovery+ which I get via my Sky subscription.
The coverage is pretty good, in fact it's the same stuff you used to get on GCN
But that's not what you asked.

No, I have no experience of Eurosport via Prime.

Adam4868

Guru
Sorry to butt in on your thread.....can you watch on demand and catch up with this ?
Still watching on my dodgy firestick at moment so no catch up ☹️

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Sorry to butt in on your thread.....can you watch on demand and catch up with this ?

You can watch on demand and catch up on Discovery+ (whether you get it via Prime or Sky or whoever). It's basically the same stuff as GCN+

This morning I watched a stage of the Tour of Provence and a bit of the UAE women's tour while turboing. No adverts.

As I said above:

its a bit like the GCN player with an app and a web site joining up and on demand

I went for a walk this morning/ afternoon and Ive been watching the on-demand relive since.

Mike_P

Guru
Some stuff, cylocross in particular, does have adverts on catch up - the clue is whether the on screen caption is just Eurosport (no ads) or Europort 1, or Eurosport 2 (ads)

Some stuff, cylocross in particular, does have adverts on catch up - the clue is whether the on screen caption is just Eurosport (no ads) or Europort 1, or Eurosport 2 (ads)

Yip, most of the highlights program have ads so I prefer to watch the relive that don't 😐

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Do they do the highlights shows that were on GCN+?
Broadly speaking, it's the same stuff as GCN+. There are probably some differences but I'm not sure what they are.

They do highlights shows. I think they're the same.
I will say one thing though - the implementation of the app on Sky Q box (which is how I use it with my telly) is a bag of shyte.
Heres a screenshot from the Android app.
Screenshot_20240212-073837.png

Last edited:

geocycle

Legendary Member
Has anyone found the Breakaway on discovery plus? I thought it was back for the women’s races but can’t find anything after last years Vuelta.

Might have to break the bank and go for the 6.99 a month deal then...kids can skip a meal once a week.

Under sixty if you pay a year up front. Two years ago I called their bluff by not renewing and a week later got a special offer of £19 for the following year. I tried the same thing last year but it didn't work, after a month of nothing I had to cough up the full amount.

Top Bottom