Eurosport on Discovery via Prime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Under sixty if you pay a year up front. Two years ago I called their bluff by not renewing and a week later got a special offer of £19 for the following year. I tried the same thing last year but it didn't work, after a month of nothing I had to cough up the full amount.
Yea used to do that with Eurosport or they sometimes had a half price offer on.
Think I'll wait until the Giro...I've got a firestick that I can watch anything on just no catch up etc on it.As much as I'd like to take the three weeks off work and watch the whole Giro live it's not happening....according to her indoors anyway.😁

OldShep

Über Member
Has anyone found the Breakaway on discovery plus? I thought it was back for the women’s races but can’t find anything after last years Vuelta.

By Breakaway is that the waffling part with Orla & Adam?
25 mins of it at the end of UAE women stagec1 and at the start of stage 2 & 3

IMG_0231.jpeg

Last edited:

geocycle

Legendary Member
I get Discovery+ through my Sky as well as Eurosport.

£6.99 a month is a bargain, just so you can hear the different ways Sean Kelly can mispronounce Pogacar in one sentence.

And Orla is a magnificent presenter.
Sean Kelly is very entertaining, intent or not. We all wait for Iron Bru to leave his lips!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'm watching the Tour of the Algarve on Eurosport 2 via Discovery + at the moment. I've just renewed my subscription. As stated the standard package is only £6.99 per month.

I'm watching the Tour of the Algarve on Eurosport 2 via Discovery + at the moment. I've just renewed my subscription. As stated the standard package is only £6.99 per month.

Been watching it too and enjoying it immensely particularly today's TT stage as the start was somewhere we have stayed a few times with the kids and I knew the run in through the marina and down into Albufeira

Mike_P

Guru
I see Eurosports were doing a bit like the Breakaway after today's UAE stage (Dan and Orla).
Other than definitely not being Orla

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Sorry someone on another forum said she's on it. I've just watched it, I'm not sure who she is but is called the Breakaway Team https://www.eurosport.com/cycling/u...endish-s-2024-propects_vid2090262/video.shtml

Edit: it seems like she is in the team but I don't think other the stage predictions she didn't feature.

Ashleigh Wilmot - normally does rugby, darts etc. GCN+ used the same programme as Eurosport so the Breakaway was/is always on Eurosport albeit coverage on Eurosport 1 / 2 may be truncated by other coverage

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
Thanks. Yes, I quite like the Orla, Adam, Dan combo in short doses. IIRC on GCN+ the pre and post ride ‘breakaway’ studio commentary was labelled on the caption.

Yes, on Discovery+, you have to guess which of the two streams is the one with the Breakaway. If watching live, I think it will be the one which starts first, if watching on catch up it usually seems to be the shorter one, which is odd.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak