Eurosport v ITV 4

who provided the best TV coverage of the Tour de France?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Has to be ITV4 - Eurosport involves paying huge amounts of money to Mr Murdoch

You can still get Eurosport free and avoid the odious Mr M.

I tried C4 this year - the coverage was reasonable but the commentary lags way behind Harmon and especially Kelly for knowing what is going on.

Mind you - I still sorely miss David Duffield
ohmy.gif

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes, eurosport is not owned by BSkyB. There's eurosport player, virgin media and used to be top up tv (limited service). Of course some of those things have money that indirectly goes to murdoch through subs but it's not a gigantic amount (although it'll be an awful lot larger in future now Sky are buying up many channels).

From what other people have said on here eurosport player sounds all right. I have nothing particularly against ITV except like British Eurosport it's one of the channels with the worst picture.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There's eurosport player, virgin media and used to be top up tv (limited service). Of course some of those things have money that indirectly goes to murdoch through subs but it's not a gigantic amount (although it'll be an awful lot larger in future now Sky are buying up many channels). 

Or do what I and many others do - watch Europsort International free on analogue satellite. You can get the equipment free or virtually free if you ask around. Just look for a big old dish and ask the owner if it is still in use. 99% of them probably aren't.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Or do what I and many others do - watch Europsort International free on analogue satellite. You can get the equipment free or virtually free if you ask around. Just look for a big old dish and ask the owner if it is still in use. 99% of them probably aren't.

Well I wouldn't say many. I know very well that eurosport is free on analogue but I don't have a dish any more. It's a shame that eurosport went subs but hey.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I have sky but don't subscribe to Eurosport. The coverage on ITV4 was pretty good in my opinion, the commentators knew their stuff. I liked the fact they only covered the last 2 hours or so of the race as that's when it gets interesting. Plus Chris Boardman was on the pundit panel.

Top Bottom