Eurovision 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
You should get one. Then you could watch Eurovision.
You obviously don't work in sales do you? :smile:

Last time I watched it was when Gina G was on.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Are you sure it wasn't Bam a Bing Bong? :laugh:
I remember "Ik Zee Ein Ster" the year before as well.

That should have won, but (like their fellow countrymen on the football field the same year), Mouth and Macneal got a bit carried away and started taking the Michael onstage.

To the benefit of Abba (and the West German footballists).

Dec66

If you want to win.It helps that you can sing in key.
I don't think Madonna was eligible to win, in all fairness.

I was flicking through the channels and came upon this. I watched what I thought was a particularly wierd act thinking that will never win. Turns out it was Madonna. What did intrigue me was the introduction to the 'song' sounded strangely familiar. Then it dawned on me
Everyone's a fruit and nut case, crazy for those Cadburys nuts and raisins.
Blatant plagerism.

Dec66

I was flicking through the channels and came upon this. I watched what I thought was a particularly wierd act thinking that will never win. Turns out it was Madonna. What did intrigue me was the introduction to the 'song' sounded strangely familiar. Then it dawned on me
Everyone's a fruit and nut case, crazy for those Cadburys nuts and raisins.
Blatant plagerism.
Frank Muir was a better singer, too.

yello

Last time I watched it was when Gina G was on.

Well, that puts you one up on me on matters Eurovision. I wouldn't have known there was a contestant of that name, let alone what year. I knew Abba won it once, I think I was about 12. Next stop for me would probably be Bucks Fizz... now I'm struggling. I think Germany once had the guy that was with Die Toten Hosen... France had someone quite famous (in France) a couple of years back, her name might come to me if I think about it...

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
We've tried sending someone famous - Engelbert Humperdinck, Bonnie Tyler and Blue have all had a go in recent years and got precisely nowhere.

We'll just have to accept that despite being one of the main bankrollers of Eurovision, we're just along for the ride.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We have to face up to the problem that we're a laughing stock... can't think what could have caused that in the last 3 years.

stephec

Legendary Member
Well, that puts you one up on me on matters Eurovision. I wouldn't have known there was a contestant of that name, let alone what year. I knew Abba won it once, I think I was about 12. Next stop for me would probably be Bucks Fizz... now I'm struggling. I think Germany once had the guy that was with Die Toten Hosen... France had someone quite famous (in France) a couple of years back, her name might come to me if I think about it...

The French one might be Nicole.

Didn't Bucks Fizz actually win it? My sister bought that record.

There was a girl at college around 1986 who was a big Bucks Fizz fan, even a member of the fan club, can you imagine the amusement that caused, especially as a mate insisted on calling them farks Bizz?

Top Bottom