Eurovision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
So memorable I've forgotten which their entry was!
Russian Grannies are a shoo-in I reckon.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
It's an absolute scandal that considering how many talented musicians, bands and singers in the UK we have struggling for a break that our Eurovision entry is Englebert Humperdink. The whole thing is a sick political joke. I know a band called Kyrbgrinder who would win that and become stars. Our entry is a mockery of music. He is a star but he's had his time. They should have chosen a young band, musician or singer. I am sure I'm not wrong. Feel free to argue. I just consider it a great shame that given the wealth of young talent in this country that our entry is a 70 plus crooner who had his day in the limelight long ago. Also imo the song is crap and he doesn't sing it particularly well either. But nil point is at least a recognition. For this effort we don't deserve anything more.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The Russian entry is too cynical and too ironic to win.

I liked the Albainian entry, the Italian entry and the Moldovan entry the best. I tried voting for the Italian entry, but I voted for Estonia instead, which I didn't like, but at least it wasn't the worst (which was Jedward).

I am well impressed by the effort Azerbaijan made. I want to go there.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hmmm, Baku looks like a nice place. I bet the food is good. I wonder what the shwarma is like?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I want to go there.
This is a country that routinely murders its own people. Torture is part of life. The place is run by a criminal gang. If you should go there, no doubt the ordinary people will be lovely. And no doubt you will come back thinking the government is a bunch of criminal, thieving, murdering bastards. As you might find by reading some of the better UK papers this week.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
No one seemed to mention Sweden til they won... awful song. Ah well, just shows how much I know.

on the road

Über Member
It doesn't matter who we have sing for us we'll always come last or near to last, no one likes us.

I don't know why the UK just doesn't pull out of the Eurovision all together, it's meaningless to us. It's far too political now.

Belly

Graham Norton? In Baku? I hope he gets out without getting locked up or worse...

PBancroft

I still don't know why we don't use genuine (modern) talent on this show. The winner of The Voice, for example, or a popular band which has done well the previous year.

Top Bottom