Eurovision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Oh bugger, I missed it but was busy watching some paint dry.
Oh, what colour?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Only four countries voted for us. We got one point from Belgium, five from Estonia, two from Latvia and four from Ireland. I've just watched Englebert's performance. He was much better than Jedward. Honestly, we could send Tom Jones from his heyday with a song written by Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Tim Rice from their hey-day, take the All Saints as backing singers and we still wouldn't stand a chance.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was watching on saturday thinking about this episode

That wasn't you in the Doric Arch pub On Saturday night was it? I went in and came across a guy at the bar having a good laugh about exactly the same thing!

Although I tried keeping it up for a while, I was too knackered so he probably thought I was a bit boring.

The Eurovision was brilliant entertainment... or at least Sir Terry Wogan' acerbic and witty commentary.

Without Sir Terry there is absolutely no point in watching

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Only four countries voted for us. We got one point from Belgium, five from Estonia, two from Latvia and four from Ireland. I've just watched Englebert's performance. He was much better than Jedward. Honestly, we could send Tom Jones from his heyday with a song written by Andrew Lloyd-Webber and Tim Rice from their hey-day, take the All Saints as backing singers and we still wouldn't stand a chance.

This is quite right. Since we are one of the countries that can't get booted out at the semi-final stage we should stick the metaphorical Vs up at it all and start to take the piss. We should enter the most outlandish, ridiculous stuff possible, then, when it comes to the voting, we should have a ready compiled list of countries in descending order of friendliness towards us and vote for them in that order, with the friendliest getting the top mark, and use that same list year after year regardless of song merit.
I've just realised that since everyone hates us compiling such a list may not be that easy so an alternative voting system may be required. Maybe just make an alphabetical list and vote in that order. Each year starting at a different, randomly chosen letter of the alphabet.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I haven't yet had chance to listen to that Uncle Mort, but I reckon it will be a lot more poppy/mainstream than I think we should aim for with our entries.
Lets enter an instrumental next year.

Top Bottom