Eurovision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
We won't

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I read the reason we're not relegated and have to qualify through preliminary stages is that the BBC pays for a big chunk of this gerrymandered cheese-fest. I am wondering whether it would be better diplomatically to continue paying in order to keep our place, so as to pretend we actually care about it (and by extension Europe), or whether it might be more interesting to be relegated and have to try and qualify for the finals.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
If Scotland became independent, then we could take the pi*s and enter a bloke in a kilt singing 'Scotland The Brave', complete with some bagpipers, a few girls doing highland dancing and highland cow* for good measure.

Oh, now THERE'S a thought, we could hold Russia and the other former Soviet states to ransom by threatening to cut off their supply of Irn Bru unless they give us decent points! Muhahahaha!!

I'll get me coat.

* - A young one for added 'awww' factor.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
It suddenly occurred to me as I was on my way home last night. From what I can remember of Andrew Culture's posts here about his band and the various less than complementary reviews they'd had, that they'd be just the sort of thing I had in mind which we should enter.
Andrew, are you still together? If not, time for a reunion I reckon.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Most bands do

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Some real oddities there on the BBC clips; http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0070hvg

I don't see why Denmark's the favourite.The usual oddities (Romania, Montenegro :wacko: and a Greek ska band).

For me it's France, Spain and Russia. I thought I'd have liked Anouk's (Netherlands) but it's too moody. But what do I know - I thought the Belgian entry in 2011 from Witloof Bay was good (I still do!) and they went out in the semi's!

I'm afraid the UK entry doesn't stand a chance.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I've had a bit of a crush on Cascada aka Natalie Horler (Germany) for years :wub:
cascada.jpg

I think I remember reading somewhere she's half British as well, as her army Dad was posted over there in the 80s or something, so I hope she does well.

Edit: If anyone's still awake, her Dad was/is a jazz musician (trombone) from Lymington, and not in the army at all.

Top Bottom