Eurovision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, I hope it turns out to be a good show, for my daughter's sake: she's going to be there - she's already bought her ticket.

Naturally, she's under no illusion that UK will get more than "nul point".....

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
You have a very good point there, although it might not really defeat the object it does spoil the fun.
LOL. maybe i should have said, defeats the object of watching it .... no Terry Wogan was another nail in the Eurovision coffin for me... I guess it was a welcome break as i watched it every year from the late seventies to the late naughties.

OP
OP
Chromatic

Chromatic

Legendary Member
LOL. maybe i should have said, defeats the object of watching it .... no Terry Wogan was another nail in the Eurovision coffin for me... I guess it was a welcome break as i watched it every year from the late seventies to the late naughties.
Ah yes, I missed your point a bit there, I see what you mean. You're right about old Tel, he did get mightily knobbed off with the voting patterns didn't he? That was the final nail in the Eurovision coffin for him if I remember correctly.

MontyVeda

Ah yes, I missed your point a bit there, I see what you mean. You're right about old Tel, he did get mightily knobbed off with the voting patterns didn't he? That was the final nail in the Eurovision coffin for him if I remember correctly.

he did... I'm amazed it took him so many years to notice.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
[QUOTE 2960507, member: 259"]Well that's a turn up for the books! :whistle:[/quote]
So he said 'I'm going to chop off the bottom of one of your trouser legs and put it in a library.' I thought 'That's a turn-up for the books.
Tommy Cooper

MontyVeda

The last decent song to win Eurovision was Waterloo, by Abba. 40 years ago :ohmy:.
may i refer you to post #10

And there was Bucks Fizz... and A Little Peace by the lovely bi-lingual Nicole, and er.... Daz Sampson er.... :blush:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I heard our entry for this year's Eurovision on the wireless as I was going home from work last night, it was sh1te. I can't wait, the excitement is building.

I had the misfortune to have been scanning through the radio stations when I head Ken Bruce declare this years British Eurovision entry is the best he's heard in years, I stopped to listen, I head it, I shook my head, then resumed listening to BBC radio 4.

TVC

So no different from any of our entries over the last 20 years then. Just had a look--Molly Smitten-Downes is the singer. An little known singer from Leicester?
Not Leicester, Rothley, the bit that thinks it's too posh to be in either Leicester or Loughborough. The only other 'personalities' to come from Rothley are the tabloids favourite tragic family the McCanns.

Top Bottom