Eurovision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Sandie Shaw is your mum?!

GC
I wish.. No, I don't. Because that would be odd. She is/was a bit of a looker Sandie Shaw. Wait a minute.. I wonder if my dad was thinking about her when he was... No, dont go there!

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I wonder if Russia and Ukraine will hit it off then out of nowhere the USA will turn up uninvited and referee the fight.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
she has the crowd in the palm of her hand.... not!

nineteen-eighty-whatever was a long time ago.....

NEXT!

There was a programme on a few years ago looking at the history of Eurovision. If I recall, is went through the years looking at the stats and some of the songs, and was presented with a scoreboard.

Point is, the presenters (they weren't British, it was an international thing) showed, amongst other things, that if the scores were aggregated for placings, the UK would be the out and out champions of Eurovision.

Although we have won it a fair few times, this fact was mainly due to us having had loads of second places plus a good sprinkling of top tens...

Ian A

Über Member
I only started watching this a few years ago when it was held in Athens as that's where the wife is from and I know the city well. We were intereseted in what would be shown and got kind of drawn in. Neither of us watch reality tv/singing/talent contests but this was too entertaining. Before that my only Eurovision encounter was making Katrina of the Waves fame yelp in pain when I took an earpiece from her after an interview and the clip pulled some of her hair out. She was very nice about it :laugh:. There's been some good moments in recent years with tongue firmly in cheek. Andrew Lloyd Webber, the smug git, not winning with a carp song he penned made me smile. The Greeks last year were good. My favourite recent song was Cezar. Genius.

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
The World Cup Final is upon us.
The World Cup Final of KITSCH!

Lords and Ladies take your places
Poland and Austria are the aces
Null point will be your score
If you dont vote with your phone
Or something similar.

Top Bottom