EV Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Son has received his model Y today. He took me and a friend to the restaurant .

There is so much more space on the rear seats compared to a model 3.

1000009838.jpg

november4

This is a good watch from a motoring journalist, very good content on the current state of the Uk car market

View: https://youtu.be/nZysvgm2_Aw?si=Rlxxeskx2eYQ8Xlc

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
This is a good watch hot take from a motoring journalist, very good pessimistic content on the current state of the UK car market
Fixed that for you. I will confess to scanning it, but the section I saw where he was complaining about the range calculation rapidly changing from the original prediction just shows he's never used the range predictor on a diesel which is just as inaccurate. Range is always guesswork because it depends on weather, how you are driving, traffic etc.

chris-suffolk

just shows he's never used the range predictor on a diesel which is just as inaccurate.

Agreed!!

I nearly always get more miles then the range predictor says I would, though why anybody would moan about that don't know, as I would have thought it was positive.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Fixed that for you. I will confess to scanning it, but the section I saw where he was complaining about the range calculation rapidly changing from the original prediction just shows he's never used the range predictor on a diesel which is just as inaccurate. Range is always guesswork because it depends on weather, how you are driving, traffic etc.

The range, be it Electric, petrol or diesel is, an estimate, not a law of physics. It is how big the variation between prediction/estimate and actual which matters. In my experience, Petrol/Diesel is reasonably accurate, Electric not so much so.

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Veteran
If you don't watch the whole thing there's no point commenting on something that's addressed in there
On the flip side, if I watch a bit of something and it's a load of drivel, I've saved myself some time watching the rest of it.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just noticed one of my neighbours has bought a nearly new BMW i7 Xdrive60 Excellence . Wow , did a google on that model and shoot that has all the toys !

mikeIow

Guru
Just noticed one of my neighbours has bought a nearly new BMW i7 Xdrive60 Excellence . Wow , did a google on that model and shoot that has all the toys !

Bloody hope so for over £100k 🤣
I didn’t feel that old (until now?!), but I remember my first house cost me under £30k 🤪

Top Bottom