Evans - £1000 choice narrowed down to 3 - must spend ASAP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I like the Cannondale (it won't show the dirt as much!) but for touring/audaxing and commuting I'd swap the wheels out for something a bit sturdier.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I own a Specialized Roubaix, and it is a nice ride the only thing I do not like about it is that it is a Specialized! I wouldn't buy another, as every other bike is a Specialized. Well at least it feels like it in SE London/Surrey! Didn't someone say the the 2012 Sectuer got slated in one of the mags getting lower marks than a Halfords own brand?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Audax bike, steel frame, eyelets for rack and guards ? Any kit you like ?

Condor Fratello :wub:

It'll need bit of working out the full spec but if you know your bikefit sizes and send them to Condor, they'll build a bike up to fit you.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Yep, must be spent at Evans - it's £1000 off not a voucher as well since they've got the Ridgeback replacement.

If I'd been buying now I'd have got something different, so it's about making the best out of my current situation.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I would be very surprised if any of these road bikes had rack fittings, TBH I always think an out and out road bike looks odd with a rack on, spoils the lines and all that, personal thing.

I *think* the secteur comp does have them, but double check first if its a deal breaker.

Of course it looks better without a rack, but its always nice to have the option. They are quick and easy to remove if you dont want it on and if I need to carry luggage I would rather it go on a rack than backpack.

Top Bottom