1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evans cycles

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by rich p, 17 Jan 2008.

1. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I don't usually praise them but I took an 11 month old Altura jacket back to them with a split pocket which they said they'd send back to Altura. I thought that was fair enough considering it's age and amount of use, although even so it shouldn't have spontaneously split. After 6 weeks they couldn't get any reply from Altura so they phoned me and have given me a new one, which had gone up in price, at no extra cost. Praise where praise due.

2. I think they are a little underrated - there are plenty of offers lurking on their website usually (of course, assuming you have a need for 'stuff' ;) )

3. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

On the other hand, you bought it from them, and not Altura, so you could argue that taking 6 weeks to sort it out ain't too hot.

4. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Good for them. Wiggle sent me a £20 voucher when I picked up on a minor difference in their advertized spec and the bib longs that actually arrived. I was happy as I got a baselayer and a saddlebag with it..

5. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I will go into the Evans near me, and i always go for the same guy if i need some advice. The person will tell me about what i want to know about the things i'm buying, and he gives me advice on different things that i ask him about.