Evans gift card to use - Glove recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
Afternoon. I have an Evans gift card, and it occurs to me that it might be prudent to spend it sooner rather than later.

I get very cold hands, so I thought I might get a good pair of winter commuting gloves, but the choice is quite large, so I'm after recommendations for what gloves to buy for up to £40-ish (but if there are cheaper ones that are good that's fine too - I can always find something else to buy with the rest of the card :smile: Obviously said gloves need to be available from Evans.

Cheers

siadwell

Guru
A couple of things to consider from my experience (my extremities suffer quite badly in cold weather):
  • Length - it's important in cold weather to have a glove that doesn't leave a gap between it and jersey/jacket in the wrist area.
  • Insulation vs bulk - insulation can add bulk and make gloves feel very cumbersome. I find that windchill is the worst thing about the cold so a thinner windproof glove may suit better than a thick one. But then again, breathability is a consideration too...
With Evans, I usually order various sizes and styles of something to try on and then just use the free returns for the stuff I don't keep.

My best winter gloves are Gore, as they tick the boxes above.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I really like my Kalf FIVE gloves - they're lightweight and thin but properly windproof so do a good job of keeping my hands warm, and they have minimal padding on the palm (I hate thick padding, YMMV) and also have nice long cuffs with a velcro fastening to keep chills off the wrists too. And Evans are the main UK Kalf stockist so...

Personally, I find these plenty warm enough but if you want extra insulation, Kalf also do ZERO gloves (the clue is in the name) which are also excellent and not too bulky.

Top Bottom