Evans returns on cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

headcoat

Über Member
Has anyone returned a bike to evans for their 90 day return policy? I am thinking of getting one from them, but I am unsure if I can use the bike and return it, their site says "in saleable condition (in original packaging and including all warranty cards, manuals and accessories)"

Pauluk

I would think it's like most things, you shouldn't use it/install it/assemble it and all packaging must be pristine.

Lee_M

Guru
generally I think they accept if youve used it on a test ride, but not if its been out in all weathers.

why not go and try one at a shop

OP
OP
headcoat

headcoat

Über Member
Thanks for the replies, I didn't see the 30 day test ride, but just spoke to someone in store and he said you can test ride it, they just replace the tyres to re-sell it.

OP
OP
headcoat

headcoat

Über Member
I emailed them just to make sure and got this reply....

you are able to return the bike however you can only return within the 90days if it is still in its original packaging and shows no signs of wear. The best option for you would be to contact your local store as you can arrange test rides on bikes at a £50 refundable deposit.

So basically its pointless for a bike! Looks like I will have to get my store to get one in for me to test ride.

Michael8

Regular
:bicycle: Went to 'Evans cycles' and gave them a list of 4 bikes that I wanted and had seen on their web site, I was told only 1 was available in the shop so I asked if I could see it, they said it might still be packaged but they were not that sure, so they would check for me, 30 minutes later and no response. Then on seeing the same sales person I asked him if he had checked out the bike for me, he gave me eye contact :wacko: and walked away to another customer. At this point I thought the customer service is crap and walked out. I bought my bike at 'College Cycles' Crosby, merseyside. Checked it online 1st, phoned the shop and was told it would be assembled in an hours time for me just to see it. Since buying it I've had a free check up, handle bar stem changed free of charge and can take it back at any time with any problems. Small shop better service, Happy Customer :wahhey:

OP
OP
headcoat

headcoat

Über Member
:bicycle: Went to 'Evans cycles' and gave them a list of 4 bikes that I wanted and had seen on their web site, I was told only 1 was available in the shop so I asked if I could see it, they said it might still be packaged but they were not that sure, so they would check for me, 30 minutes later and no response. Then on seeing the same sales person I asked him if he had checked out the bike for me, he gave me eye contact :wacko: and walked away to another customer. At this point I thought the customer service is crap and walked out. I bought my bike at 'College Cycles' Crosby, merseyside. Checked it online 1st, phoned the shop and was told it would be assembled in an hours time for me just to see it. Since buying it I've had a free check up, handle bar stem changed free of charge and can take it back at any time with any problems. Small shop better service, Happy Customer :wahhey:

Sound good for College cycles and not for Evans, the trouble is I (for my sins) want a Pashley Clubman and Evans have 20% off at the moment and I can also get 5% cashback, so its working out a good price.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You are very much at the hands of the sales person - same with any store. An LBS can't afford to have crap sales people.

Evans have been fine when we bought a hybrid and a tag-a-long. Even our local Halfords is fine - staff helpful, willing to get bikes out to try, but I'd still take them away in a box though.

To be honest it sounds like you've gone in with your mind made up they will be bad.

Firstly I wouldn't expect Evans to stock, ready to inspect, every bike on their website. A certain expectation for them to perhaps have some but not all is normal.

Secondly are you telling us that after asking for the bike to be made up you stood there silently for 30 mins without even asking anyone else what was happening, and then when you did see the man who was helping you didn't challenge him on why he had not done what he said. Why didn't you say something?

Lastly you pre-called 'College Cycles' and arranged for the bike to be built before visiting, if you'd phoned ahead to Evans they'd have been able to advise on the only 1 available and book a time with you to see it once built.

Bad service is one thing but doing nothing to help yourself is another.

Michael8

Regular
To be honest it sounds like you've gone in with your mind made up they will be bad.

Firstly I wouldn't expect Evans to stock, ready to inspect, every bike on their website. A certain expectation for them to perhaps have some but not all is normal.

Secondly are you telling us that after asking for the bike to be made up you stood there silently for 30 mins without even asking anyone else what was happening, and then when you did see the man who was helping you didn't challenge him on why he had not done what he said. Why didn't you say something?

Lastly you pre-called 'College Cycles' and arranged for the bike to be built before visiting, if you'd phoned ahead to Evans they'd have been able to advise on the only 1 available and book a time with you to see it once built.

Bad service is one thing but doing nothing to help yourself is another.
Don't know what side of the Bed you fell out of today WIGGYDIGGY ? :cursing: But going by your strong analysis of my plight it seems you have a bit of a problem with how I handled the situation. I will try my best in future posts to include every detail, minute by minute just for your scrutiny
I did not use the words that ''I stood there silently for 30 minutes'', so were you dreamed that from I don't know. I did ask other staff were he had gone and was told he would be back soon. I did not ask for the bike to be assembled but for him to only check if it was assembled to be viewed, as the shop assistant had said it might be boxed. I did not ask College cycles to assemble the bike either, the owner confirmed that he had the bike and would have it assembled within the hour for a viewing. Hope that clarifies the situation for you on this minor issue and have great day :thumbsup:

Don't know what side of the Bed you fell out of today WIGGYDIGGY ? :cursing: But going by your strong analysis of my plight it seems you have a bit of a problem with how I handled the situation. I will try my best in future posts to include every detail, minute by minute just for your scrutiny
I did not use the words that ''I stood there silently for 30 minutes'', so were you dreamed that from I don't know. I did ask other staff were he had gone and was told he would be back soon. I did not ask for the bike to be assembled but for him to only check if it was assembled to be viewed, as the shop assistant had said it might be boxed. I did not ask College cycles to assemble the bike either, the owner confirmed that he had the bike and would have it assembled within the hour for a viewing. Hope that clarifies the situation for you on this minor issue and have great day :thumbsup:

No bed just a honest analysis of the facts at hand, I could now reply in more detail and it'd ping back and forth a few times yardy yardy yaaa. But we'll skip all that, enjoy the new bike:hello:

OP
OP
headcoat

headcoat

Über Member
Meanwhile...back to topic...I have now bought the bike online with store delivery and asked about returns

If you decide that the bike is not right for you there is the option to have a different model or a refund if you wish. The bike will be completely set up for you.

Top Bottom