Evans Ride It Scotland (Callander)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
So anyone doing it this year? The sportive sold out a few months ago but still some places left for the mountain bike ride.

First event of the year for me - actually think the timing is a bit early on in the season considering the location and being in the hills so really hope the weather improves a bit otherwise it could be a right tough day!

U

User6179

So anyone doing it this year? The sportive sold out a few months ago but still some places left for the mountain bike ride.

First event of the year for me - actually think the timing is a bit early on in the season considering the location and being in the hills so really hope the weather improves a bit otherwise it could be a right tough day![/quote

If it freezes overnight before the event and the roads are wet I can see it being cancelled , dukes pass would be to dangerous to let cyclist loose on it , looks a great route for the long ride aswell .

Grizzly

I'm doing it too, I feel the same with regards to the timing. I had an accident last week and have a very sore back and hip at the moment which when you combine with the current weather means I'm going to find 90 miles tough going.

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
It was cancelled 3 years ago due to ice, it was being held early February though that year.

I'm doing the 90 miler too - not done anything more than 60 odd miles for months so think it is going to be a struggle particularly with the hills.

Deefex

Weather reports earlier this week said it was going to be -7 to -9 degrees below the night before the event.
Hoping to hear something from the organisers later this week to confirm it's still on.

Does anyone know if you registered online whether or not you pick up your number on the day?

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Does anyone know if you registered online whether or not you pick up your number on the day?

yeah you pick it up on the day - its basically a sticker with an rfid chip that you put on your helmet

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
there is one at langholm in the borders, think it is the week after the etape caledonia

Top Bottom