Evans Ride It Scotland (Callander)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

Doing the short loop, Mrs Van is doing it as well, its her first event of any kind so we'll pootle round together, shes only been cycling for a few months, Dukes Pass isn't really filling her with joy though.

Inthecup...its not a race so go round at your own pace, cycle at a speed you feel comfy at, the speed kings will be out but just let them do their own thing, you'll just need the usual stuff you take out on a training ride or club run, tubes, tools, chain link if you carry one, I would pack some food/gels/bananas/haribos etc etc just to keep the bonk away and keep you energy levels up, take some powders ( Columbian is optional ^_^) for your water bottle, keep the other bottle with just water or very lightly diluted juice or whatever you usually take.
As for riding with a bunch, I think 13 miles is closed roads which is a bonus, so bunches can form, but if you feel uncomfy riding in a bunch, speak up, let the other riders know that its your first time out riding in a bunch, if they are experienced riders then they'll help you out. don't make any sudden movements whilst in a bunch, be aware of everything going on around you. if in doubt just ride at the back of the bunch.
Most of all have fun, this is what its all about, meeting other riders and talking about all things

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
There's a good but expensive chippy at the end :smile:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Cheers..Just read it

tug benson

From Evans

Riding in some classic Scottish scenery, this is a beautiful ride passing numerous Lochs and taking in some great climbs along the way. The last challenge will be the classic Dukes Pass from the Aberfoyle side, the harder way, which will reward you with some spectacular views over to Ben Venue and Ben Ledi. You then finish with a great descent and blast along the shores of Loch Venachar to finish your ride. Please note: This is a different route to that originally advertised due to a clash with events – it’ll still be a hard ride with plenty of climbing, but the closed road section has been removed.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
If you are doing any character building rides that don't take you up sherriffmuir over next few weekends give me a shout if you don't mind me joining you.

Last edited:

tug benson

If you ate doing any character building g rides that don't take you up sherriffmuir over next few weekends give me a shout if you don't mind me joining you.
Sheriffmuir will be to wet for me just now, this weekend isn`t looking the best either for cycling.

I will give you a shout next weekend

Top Bottom