Evans Ride It Scotland (Callander)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Typical its my birthday that day :rolleyes: Been looking for a Ride It ride in scotland for ages aswell :bicycle:

zizou

Veteran
I did the 60 miles route last year and it was a good ride. If it is the same route as last time then it goes up the Dukes Pass the other way to the way on the Scottish bike show route. It is still quite a climb but slightly easier because it is less steep and the descent is really enjoyable because of the scenary and the nice tarmac - although when you get to the hairpins you have to be quite careful particularly if wet. It is a figure of 8 route so you do the Dukes twice on the 60 and 90 mile route...both routes are the same up until about 50 miles then they split after Aberfoyle.

The road around loch katrine is really nice, it is only open to access for cars of residents so is very quiet (most times ive been along ive not seen any cars).

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
That's me signed up for the long route - didn't want to pay for the Dunfermline Sportive as it's on roads I ride most weeks.
Any one doing this ?

zizou

Veteran
Signed up as well, first event of the year so looking forward to seeing how the legs are shaping up after winter!

btw if you enter the code RIDECAL5 you can get entry for £5

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Anyone got a map of the routes as I can't work out the route from the map on the Evans page?

Fran143

Über Member
Signed up as well, first event of the year so looking forward to seeing how the legs are shaping up after winter!

btw if you enter the code RIDECAL5 you can get entry for £5
Gutted, just entered me and my pal last night £25.00!:angry:

zizou

Veteran
Gutted, just entered me and my pal last night £25.00!:angry:

Might be worthwhile emailing their customer support to say you put the code in but it didnt seem to register, depends on who you get dealing with it but you might get lucky!

Top Bottom