Even stupider car names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not always backronyms either: ALFA chance it'll work.
Think ALFA in full might be a bit wordy for a car badge. Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobilies

Nissan Elgrand. (and confession time. I have one on the driveway)
upload_2018-1-2_20-5-55.jpeg

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Nissan Elgrand. (and confession time. I have one on the driveway)
View attachment 389788

I bet you can get 3 or more bikes in that comfortably. Without removing wheels?

I bet you can get 3 or more bikes in that comfortably. Without removing wheels?
I've had smaller sheds. Three rows of very plush seats plus luggage space. Seats fold flat for a bed and centre row revolve as captains chairs. Though its actually deceptive - guy across the road has a Corolla estate and its similar length/width.
It's also the only vehicle I've ever had with curtains. Electric ones at that.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've had smaller sheds. Three rows of very plush seats plus luggage space. Seats fold flat for a bed and centre row revolve as captains chairs. Though its actually deceptive - guy across the road has a Corolla estate and its similar length/width.
It's also the only vehicle I've ever had with curtains. Electric ones at that.

It sounds more luxurious than my flat!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Isn't that just the Japanese pronunciation of 'England'?
The 1970s wants its shoot jokes back.

Perodua Nippa.
My wife had one. Daihatsu Mira(?) underneath, including a rev happy 3 cylinder engine. Had to be driven in the Italian manner - rev it until the valves are bouncing on the underside of the bonnet, then change up.
As it weighed, and felt, like a mobile biscuit tin it was ok in town, gaps you'd think twice about on a bike were doable. touch of original mini in there.

On which subject.....MINI ? :wacko:

By that, I assume you're referring to the huge excrescence that is the new Faux Mini?
Agree totally. The original mini was a great design (accepting that by modern standards it is doubtless uncomfortable, fuel inefficient etc) and they should have just kept the cute wonder of it and improved it. Instead they have pumped it up on steroids. The italians have done the same with the wonderful heritage of the fiat 500. The first updated 500 was far far better and acknowldged the fabled heritage.

Last edited:
Agree totally. The original mini was a great design (accepting that by modern standards it is doubtless uncomfortable, fuel inefficient etc) and they should have just kept the cute wonder of it and improved it? Instead they have pumped it up on steroids. The italians have done the same with the wonderful heritage of the fiat 500. The first updated 500 was far far better and acknowldged the fabled heritage.

Actually, for someone my height, an original Mini is just right. :laugh:

Oh yes, the tank is ridiculously small, anything above 60 mph feels like you're driving a washing machine and the hydrolastic suspension is... interesting... BUT it handles like a dream, goes exactly where you point it, and off the traffic lights (especially with twin SUs fitted), you're probably going to be faster than many a modern car. :biggrin:

Top Bottom