Evening meals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

What sort of things do you guys have to eat in the evening??

I`m sick to death of the same half a dozen things over and over again!!

Any ideas for dishes that are relatively quick but on the healthy side?? I need some inspiration before I climb the walls:thumbsup::wacko:

Noodley

What are the half dozen things you eat now? No point telling you if I eat ther same things! :wacko:

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Goog point:biggrin:

Nothing very exciting, curry, chilli, something with chicken, something with pasta, sarnies if I`m in a rush, or occasionally a Chinese (about once a fortnight)

I`m sick to death of all of it!!!!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Couscous appears to be missing from your list ... can't think of anything faster, and very versatile.

Hot or cold, especially nice with olives, peppers, feta cheese, fresh herbs etc, just by itself. We had it with a nice piece of quick-fried lamb last week, you could try seasoning the lamb with fresh lemon juice ...
Of you could try it with chick peas, raisins, lots of fresh coriander, lemon and lamb or chicken...

T

potsy

Rambler
You haven't mentioned-
burgers
kebabs
kfc
ahh now I know where I'm going wrong:smile:

Noodley

Quick and tasty:

Heat microwave rice
Stick some peppered mackarel into microwave for 1 minute then mix in with rice
Add a dollop of 0 per cent greek yoghurt and stir into the rice/mackarel
Serve with salad and pitta

Heat small tin of beans, add some chicken and grated chesse, stir until gloopy - serve in tortillas with some hot garlic and chilli sauce on top

Stir fry some ready cooked prawns, add a packet of stirfry sauce, heat microwave rice and then stir into prawns and sauce

Whisk 3 eggs and heat for 1 min 40 in 850W microwave, stir in low fat Philly cheese and serve on wholemeal toast

Have a pie :wacko:

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I like the look of those, particularly the prawn and the egg recipies, this is exactly what I need, I haven`t got the imagination to think things like this up:blush:!!

Noodley

speccy1 said:
I like the look of those, particularly the prawn and the egg recipies, this is exactly what I need, I haven`t got the imagination to think things like this up:blush:!!

What about the pie idea? :wacko:

longers

Legendary Member
I do the mackerel but differently.

Gently fry a chopped onion for a bit, add a drained tin of sweetcorn, add a drained tin of chickpeas, add some chopped ginger, break up the mackerel and add that. Add some lemon juice. Add a cup of rice, stir for a couple of minutes - still frying gently.
Add twice the volume of water to rice you put in. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to minimum and cook for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and leave for five minutes.
Eat.

Top Bottom