Event Preparation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am doing my first event on Sunday - a 50 mile reliability run with 5,000ft of climb. I realise that probably most of you could do this easily, but I've never done anything like this before.

I've done some modest training, but what I would like to know is what cycling/exercise should I do between now & this Sunday to be in the best possible shape ?

gbb

Legendary Member
IMO youre too late to do anything that will have any great beneficial effect.
Dont ride too soon before the event, and make sure youre well fed and watered in the run up.

Good luck BTW :biggrin:...take it steady and pace yourself.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
On the day eat and drink - i.e. take carb drinks and re-fuel at any stops.

Don't over cook yourself in the run up - short steady rides to keep everything loose, any additional training will make it harder on the day due to recovery.

Mortiroloboy

All of the above, and good luck too, you'll be fine, it's not that far really, and soon enough you will have that magic 50 miler under your belt, then there will be no stopping you :biggrin:

Mortiroloboy

Yep, forgot that bit, 200grms of pasta the night before,and a nice big bowl of porridge and honey for beakfast.

Mortiroloboy

Apparently according to the DVD that the comic gave away recently 200grms of Pasta is what you should eat the night before a long (sportive) ride, I haven't put it to the test myself yet, but I will in June as I will be cycling the Highclere Castle Sportive 200km a bit more if I cycle to the start.

Tynan

Veteran
I working on the once posted 'as much pasta as you can eat without being sick'

200gms?

Top Bottom