Ever get drivers trying to make you jump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
This happened to me for the second time today.
Whilst passing (too closely) the guy in the passanger seat leaned out of the window and screamed in my ear. Now luckily I have ice in my veins and didn't even blink but, besides being a really twatish thing to do, it's really bloody dangerous!
I didn't get their plates as I was too busy giving him the finger:blush:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
a squirty water bottle is useful in that situation, as is a gob full of phlegm ;)

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
a squirty water bottle is useful in that situation, as is a gob full of phlegm ;)
No time for that really, they were going pretty fast. And no chance to catch up and have it out/key their car etc. Not that I would mind, my anger lasts all of about 5 seconds!:ohmy:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh. I was riding no handed down this really wide road, i just put my food back in my pocket and was sorting my jersey out, and some chav stuck his head out the window and went "Boo" to try and scare me. Never even made me move, i just clapped my hands.
Then on the way back, i was shooting down Porchester road, and i had some ginger kid say "Boo, haha i scared you" which i thought was strange. It was the same kid that was staggering about in the road in rush hour, and ent to put a huge bit of wood down in the road infront of me. He isnt too clever.

stevenb

I have had a stone thrown at my crash helmet.....albeit years back....was real hard throw too...would have given me a nasty injury had I been lidless.
Been shouted at and jeerd loads of times.....I just ignore them....they look for a reaction....and are disappointed when you don't give them the satisfaction.
Some people really are morons.

yenrod

Joe said:
This happened to me for the second time today.
Whilst passing (too closely) the guy in the passanger seat leaned out of the window and screamed in my ear. Now luckily I have ice in my veins and didn't even blink but, besides being a really twatish thing to do, it's really bloody dangerous!
I didn't get their plates as I was too busy giving him the finger:blush:

Today I had: one close shave though I was quite relaxed - but still surprised as the car was in a line of traffic passing as well as a line of parked cars = it just narked me.

Also, upon moving to the right to turn in a quietish country area some owld fella with wife went past - I was ready to knock his lights out.

Cardrivers are just total bastards - completes irritants to society.

I'd happily pass a law that govern NO windscreens in cars WHY = because soo many just dont realise how fast speed is' and its time they where taught a lesson.

Another time some bloke in one of these complete with bint...

Audi_TT_special_edition_2006_1_9w.jpg

..decided to pass then try and turn left across me; into the road he wanted to go a car wanted to pull out and add in cars behind him so I had to make the 'yuh dont go past me' and **** me up' so I stopped and blocked him from turning and looked directly past his bit of fluff and glaring at him...not saying nothing....

His responce - a rev of the engine...

But Id made my point then and so where other drviers pissed off too ! soo..that was a plus ending there ;)

One day, and I hope i dont but if Im pushed then I cant tell what damage Im going to do to a driver if in the correct time and place ~ ive had shoot for 20yrs..and passively took it.

Joe24

yenrod said:
Snip

..decided to pass then try and turn left across me; into the road he wanted to go a car wanted to pull out and add in cars behind him so I had to make the 'yuh dont go past me' and **** me up' so I stopped and blocked him from turning and looked directly past his bit of fluff and glaring at him...not saying nothing....

His responce - a rev of the engine...

But Id made my point then and so where other drviers pissed off too ! soo..that was a plus ending there ;)

One day, and I hope i dont but if Im pushed then I cant tell what damage Im going to do to a driver if in the correct time and place ~ ive had shoot for 20yrs..and passively took it.

Had some youth in a car do that to me today when i went past him, he was coming out a side road, i was on the main road. Didnt bother me.
I had some guy pass me close, and i caght up with him at lights after i sprinted up a hill and wanted to talk. The muton dressed as lamb in the passenger seat just looked at me then turned away, and the fat idiot driver looked at me then turned away. I just spoke louder and shot off from the lights faster then him, he never even got further then me.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
a squirty water bottle is useful in that situation

i thought about nitromors. it's not so kind to the motorcar};)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've had idiot's lean out of a car trying to hit me last year, but in carbon road shoes, on my best bike, I ain't going to tackle a car full of chavs.....

Maz

Guru
I had a couple of idiots yelling something at me once on my way home from work. They clearly had nowt better to do. Couldn't make out what they were saying.
When I did catch up with them later, I asked them what they said and they just blanked me out as though I was a nutter. Not so brave once you catch up with them - It's a territory thing for sure.

longers

Legendary Member
*touches wood*

I've been lucky, had verbals and been sprayed with washing up liquid, thankfully nothing more.

I remember a thread on C+ where a chap was collecting these encounters and there were some really scary stories.

Joe24

I had a sweat thrown at me from a white van. It missed.
I got spat at from a guy in a peoplecarrier when hewas sitting at lights and i went past going the other way. He missed.
Peoples aiming seems to be getting worse.:blush:

Top Bottom