Ever seen a drummer like this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Now that was just amazing :biggrin:

SamNichols

He is pretty amazing, especially considering he's twelve. But, I have seen these guys:
Dennis Chambers
and Antonio Sanchez (ignore the horrendous Pat Metheny music, solo starts a minute in).

These two are modern Gods of jazz/funk drumming, having worked with all the big names (Metheny, Brecker Brothers etc). In my mind nobody can beat Buddy Rich either - Not even animal

Interestingly, he swaps grip after about 7 mins... a definite Buddy Rich snare drum segway there...:biggrin: . I agree with Sam about Buddy Rich - OCD...Obsessive Compulsive DRrrrrrrrrrrumming, smashing up hotel furniture whilst practising. I started with a large Nuttalls Mintoes tin and a few saucepans:tongue:!!! Didn't pursue it - but there's time yet...Plenty of good artistes to think about, Jo Jones, Ginger Baker was interesting and of course, Billy Cobham.
The young lad has a fabulous repertoire.
10/10 Mr Paul.

Abitrary

**** awful. That's just mucking around for the sake of it

A drummer has one duty in life which is to obey people who play guitar, in his musical life that is.

In his outside music life he can do dangerous stuff like rock climbing as long as he is there on monday morning to buy drinks for the guitarists and lend them mobile phones when their credit's run out

Abitrary said:
**** awful. That's just mucking around for the sake of it

A drummer has one duty in life which is to obey people who play guitar, in his musical life that is.

In his outside music life he can do dangerous stuff like rock climbing as long as he is there on monday morning to buy drinks for the guitarists and lend them mobile phones when their credit's run out

That's rich, buddy! :biggrin:

Abitrary

Aperitif said:
That's rich, buddy! :biggrin:

Drummers are designed genetically to keep rhythm, not be contentious, and have an innate understanding of where lie all the sandwich bars in a 10km radius, and not to grumble when they bring back the paid spoils for:

-the lead guitarist
-the rhythm guitarist
-the backing singers
-the studio people
-the management company
-the record company

I could go on.. If you are indeed a drummer, then please entertain us

Abitrary

yuk

I hate all those moronic displays of bombastic, incendiary yet useless, er... stuff

That kid wouldn't have lasted a month with the Jacksons

Abitrary

bonj said:
it's very skilfull, but it's not music on its own.

Exactly. A drummer is like an employment agency person. Loud, possibly charismatic... definately forceful. But he is expendable

bonj2

Abitrary said:
A drummer is like an employment agency person.

what, constantly rings you up wanting to have hour long conversations without having anything to offer you? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Top Bottom