1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever seen a drummer like this?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mister Paul, 30 Nov 2007.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

And he's 12!!

2. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Now that was just amazing :biggrin:

3. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

He is pretty amazing, especially considering he's twelve. But, I have seen these guys:
    Dennis Chambers
    and Antonio Sanchez (ignore the horrendous Pat Metheny music, solo starts a minute in).

These two are modern Gods of jazz/funk drumming, having worked with all the big names (Metheny, Brecker Brothers etc). In my mind nobody can beat Buddy Rich either - Not even animal

4. Interestingly, he swaps grip after about 7 mins... a definite Buddy Rich snare drum segway there...:biggrin: . I agree with Sam about Buddy Rich - OCD...Obsessive Compulsive DRrrrrrrrrrrumming, smashing up hotel furniture whilst practising. I started with a large Nuttalls Mintoes tin and a few saucepans:tongue:!!! Didn't pursue it - but there's time yet...Plenty of good artistes to think about, Jo Jones, Ginger Baker was interesting and of course, Billy Cobham.
    The young lad has a fabulous repertoire.
    10/10 Mr Paul.

5. Oh dear...been watching Sam's selections and now look at the time! Ed Shaugnessey v Buddy Rich, Billy Cobham with Horace Silver...it could be a long night... :biggrin:

6. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

**** awful. That's just mucking around for the sake of it

A drummer has one duty in life which is to obey people who play guitar, in his musical life that is.

In his outside music life he can do dangerous stuff like rock climbing as long as he is there on monday morning to buy drinks for the guitarists and lend them mobile phones when their credit's run out

7. That's rich, buddy! :biggrin:

8. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Looking at the age of that kid, he's probably about 20 now. Wonder if he's a pro.

9. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Drummers are designed genetically to keep rhythm, not be contentious, and have an innate understanding of where lie all the sandwich bars in a 10km radius, and not to grumble when they bring back the paid spoils for:

-the lead guitarist
    -the rhythm guitarist
    -the backing singers
    -the studio people
    -the management company
    -the record company

I could go on.. If you are indeed a drummer, then please entertain us

10. that is just fannnnnnntastic

11. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

yuk

I hate all those moronic displays of bombastic, incendiary yet useless, er... stuff

That kid wouldn't have lasted a month with the Jacksons

12. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

it's very skilfull, but it's not music on its own.

13. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Exactly. A drummer is like an employment agency person. Loud, possibly charismatic... definately forceful. But he is expendable

14. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

what, constantly rings you up wanting to have hour long conversations without having anything to offer you? :biggrin: :biggrin:

15. How do you tell if a drummer's knocking at your door?

The knocking slows down.

:biggrin: