Ever stuck to the road before?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
was cycling round richmond park, felt alot harder then usual dispite the heat.

I had to get off my legs were burning, put my foot down and was instantly bonded to the road. Seems all that rubber plus the heat = glue. no wonder i was struggling.

Anyone else found this? just me.

How much harder does it make cycling if at all, i would expect it would be directly proportional to the amount of tyre on the road

Alan Whicker

It was the rubber not the tarmac? I've been on tarmac roads that have melted - including when I did the London to Brighton bike ride about 8 years ago. Makes a bit of a mess.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I noticed quite a few places today where the stones were being lifted from the tarmac.. don't know what the critical temperature for this to occur is?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It's all the flies you swallow when out cycling, they are starting to have an effect!!
Just make sure you don't start showing any other fly characteristics!! :blush:

For those who are not aware, there currently is a thread in the CC Cafe about swallowing flies when out cycling:

https://www.cyclechat.net/

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
the roads arnt tarmac AFAIK, and it was def the black stuff which is in 2 lines on either side of the road.

I know it was the rubber, it wasnt "molten" just stikey like its supposed to be on a car tyre, grip anyone. Its probs a rare occurrence as you dont really get it on normal roads, the combination of the surface of the road, (possibly tarmac + small stones in or similar) means the tyres wear more frequently. got worse on the hills where you would assume more grip means more rubber left behind.

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
Yeah the road was melting in the sun! it was very sticky where the gravel has been pushed away... I ended up going round the Tamsin trail a couple of times instead, nice and shadey.

Top Bottom