Ever Tried Yoga?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I consider myself quite fit, lots of cycling, swimming and a bit of gym work so I thought yoga would be a nice gentle relax. Had a go this morning......bloody hell it's hard work!!!

Anyone else do yoga or given it a go?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Yes on my daughter's WiiFit.... it's a lot harder than I thought and very good for balance and flexibility- both of which I lack!

MichaelM

Guru
It's something I've considered along with Tai Chi. I used to be into lots of things but knee injuries have pretty much reduced the list down to cycling.

What was it you did ? Do you stand in given positions for a certain length of time? I'm going to look it up on youtube now.

Went for a 3 day Yoga "holiday" in Newquay earlier this year, involving 2 sessions per day.

I was unbelievably inflexible compared to most of the others attending (yrs of cycling!) but got into it, and must admit for several days afterwards felt incredibly "refreshed" and chilled inside (can't think of a better way to describe it).

However, with return to "Real" life, have hardly done any since:sad:

I am frequently to be found upside down standing on my head of an evening..and it feels wonderful.

Have been doing Yoga for years, and feel horrible if I miss it for even a couple of days.

And the more cycling I do, the more yoga I do to unwind all the muscles and groinks from being on the bike.

Enjoy.:cheers:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I tried Yogi instead but I couldn't bear it:wacko:

D

Deleted member 1258

I did yoga and meditation for 4-5 years, like Toshiba boy I was amazed at how inflexible I was when I started, I wasn't a huge amount more flexible when I stopped but had improved a lot. The best thing was the inner peace I got from the meditation, I will have to start doing it again sometime.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I went to yoga for a while, but the last half an hour was meditation, which bores the arse off me. I tried pilates for a while, but it was a real beginners' course which I found too easy. I also felt rather conspicuous being the only bloke, a bit like blokes doing aerobics. I mean, I was there to perv women but I don't want to be that obvious. I also had some valid reasons for doing it, such as wanting to avoid chronic knee injuries resulting from muscle imbalances, but I thought circuits might do the same thing.

Top Bottom