Will I ever see my parcel ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have recently bought two items on the bay approximately a week apart. The first item was a filter for a camera lens. As the postage was included in the price which was really low I expected it to be sent 2nd class so I expected it to take a while . My second purchase was a 1/18 scale diecast model of a car which I also got for a low price , this model had a tracking number which said that it would be delivered Wednesday , today.

On Monday afternoon we arrived home to find a Royal Mail note on the floor stating that they had been unable to deliver a parcel. I thought that it was a bit early for my model but couldn't believe it was for my filter. The Royal Mail note said that my parcel would be delivered the next day.
I had to go out yesterday but my wife was in the back garden so we put a note on our front door. I was back home just after mid day. Oh I forgot to mention that I had seen a Royal Mail van in our street in the morning but didn't come to our house.

By about 4 o 'clock I was getting a bit impatient and so went to the sorting office expecting my parcel to be waiting there. I was told that it was out for delivery and they worked to 6. I went back home and waited ! Nothing!

This morning I thought I would go to the sorting office early to try to get my parcel before it went on a world tour again . I gave the chap on the desk my note and he went off to look for it . 20 minutes later he came back . They assume that it has gone back out on the van again ! It turns out the parcel has to be signed for ! Why couldn't they keep it for me to collect?
So we are being held hostage by a parcel delivery!
I am also beginning to think that Royal Mail have lost my parcel . If this turns out to be true it will be the second of 2 items bought on the net . 100% failure rate . :angry:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Sometimes posties keep parcels in their van as they think they are being helpful. Often times leaving at sorting office (so) means you can collect next day, and is more convenient assuming SO not far away.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I had similar with a Garmin Touring computer I bought off the bay. Was told no one was in, I was. Was left a card saying that it will be able to be collected from the sorting office next day. I went down there. They looked for it and then told me it was out for redelivery. It never turned up.
Luckily the guy I bought it from sent it insured.

Baldy

Über Member
On the card they left should be a number. Go online enter that number and select which option you want. i.e. collect from parcel office, redeliver on .... date. Leave in special place etc.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Sometimes posties keep parcels in their van as they think they are being helpful. Often times leaving at sorting office (so) means you can collect next day, and is more convenient assuming SO not far away.

No postie with any sense will keep parcels in their van out with their shift hours.
Instant suspension and almost certain dismissal for doing so if found out

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
My parcel arrived safely this morning. The other smaller parcel , the lens filter is still missing so I have ordered another from a different source .

presta

Guru
I had a recorded delivery go missing recently. The post office have no way of recording whether the recipient refuses to sign for a letter, so it's not possible to know what happened to it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My parcel arrived safely this morning. The other smaller parcel , the lens filter is still missing so I have ordered another from a different source .

Look up the RM central phone number, I've always had great success. They actually sound like they care, and actualy get things done. If it's a repeat occurance, they can also highlight it to the local office in question. On the other end of the stick, I've always had a 100% success rate when claiming for items I've sent that did not arrive (2 out of 2 anyway). One such item, which I was refunded the combined value and postage cost of £22, actually got returned to me after 3 weeks. So I gave it to charity. I just had to upload screenshots of the SOLD fleabay item and the receipt for postage

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I seem to have had a few problems when it comes to 1/18 scale models . UPS totally lost one after I followed it on their tracker. It was about to arrive and then disappeared. One from Swindon with Royal Mail was taken back to Swindon for no apparent reason after coming from the Chippenham office . It arrived a few days later . This one which arrived on time according to the estimate but by a tortuous route .

Top Bottom