Will I ever see my parcel ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I seem to have had a few problems when it comes to 1/18 scale models . UPS totally lost one after I followed it on their tracker. It was about to arrive and then disappeared. One from Swindon with Royal Mail was taken back to Swindon for no apparent reason after coming from the Chippenham office . It arrived a few days later . This one which arrived on time according to the estimate but by a tortuous route .
Maybe you've a postman that's into 1/18 th scale models 😁

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Doesn't really work like that as parcels have to be scanned out in the mornings...then scanned back in when back at the depot.

It’s not meant to work like that, but sometimes does, unless my postie was lying about what they’d done.

Adam4868

Guru
It’s not meant to work like that, but sometimes does, unless my postie was lying about what they’d done.
I'm not doubting you but it's a huge risk to leave it in the van...I mean your going back to the depot anyway.You just throw...I mean place it in a trolley and it gets scanned back in so there's a record of it if someone wants to collect it.
Otherwise there's a danger of it being a serious disciplinary if found to have left in the van....have I ever done it whilst working there ? Yes,but only by accident.

albion

Guru
I very much doubt deliveries get removed to be resorted. Far simpler to just leave them in the sack for the next day.
And that sack could well stay in the van if sole use.

Adam4868

Guru
I very much doubt deliveries get removed to be resorted. Far simpler to just leave them in the sack for the next day.
You very much doubt because you don't know...it's nothing to do with being simpler,and everything to do with it being a sacking offence.

Just be glad it’s not Yodel. They were scheduled to deliver items to me yesterday. It consisted of two items each with two packages so making four packages in the consignment.

One arrived yesterday yet today the tracking still states the shipment hasn’t been collected from the seller. Yodel fail to acknowledge any problems with their tracking so won’t look into the problem.

rualexander

Legendary Member
I had a recorded delivery go missing recently. The post office have no way of recording whether the recipient refuses to sign for a letter, so it's not possible to know what happened to it.

Yes they do, well assuming you mean Royal Mail rather than The Post Office.
There is an option on the PDA (handheld computer) to enter 'refused'.

rualexander

Legendary Member

But you have no idea how the system works, so you're just speculating about something you know nothing about.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Just be glad it’s not Yodel. They were scheduled to deliver items to me yesterday. It consisted of two items each with two packages so making four packages in the consignment.

One arrived yesterday yet today the tracking still states the shipment hasn’t been collected from the seller. Yodel fail to acknowledge any problems with their tracking so won’t look into the problem.

My parcel was still showing as in transit after it had been out for delivery and back again . All they seem to be good for now is to know that the item has been posted .

Drago

Legendary Member
I have had to resort to putting "Please do not place deliveries in the bin" decals on my wheelie bins to stop brain donors leaving parcels among the piles of bagged cold dog eggs. I've even had the eejuts do it in bin day!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have had to resort to putting "Please do not place deliveries in the bin" decals on my wheelie bins to stop brain donors leaving parcels among the piles of bagged cold dog eggs. I've even had the eejuts do it in bin day!

Yep, we've had that done before. Also parcels thrown over a high garden fence onto concrete.

Top Bottom