Ever Tried Yoga?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
About 10 years ago I did Tai Chi for about three months (twice a week) and enjoyed the flexibilty and serenity it brought me.

I hope to go on a yoga weekend next month, which will hopefully inspire me (again) to get back into the right frame of mood and physical flexibility for surviving everyday life.

And I´d like to give meditation a go.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Dayvo said:
And I´d like to give meditation a go.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
numbnuts said:
Yoga, isn’t it made with sour milk :smile:
:cry:

Not Yoga, but I go with Mrs FF to Body-balance during the off-season and that'sa chuffin hard work too. But does help with flexibility and removing the aches and pains of every day life. Scenery's good too :cry:

Archie_tect said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Actually, after reading ´Siddhartha´ when I was 16, I tried chanting ´Om´and after about 15 mins I was in a trance only to experience me looking down from the ceiling at my body on my bed!

I was scared and returned el rapido, like!

Haven´t tried it since, but I´d like to do it again sometime.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
I have done yoga on and off for years and ever since I toook up cycling I make sure I do at least half an hour every day to keep supple. It is great and if you find you are quite inflexible at first stick at it as it will soon come. Try looking up "Sadienardini" on youtube for some positions and guides etc, that really helped me when I was getting back into it again. :smile:
Give it a go tho and I feel you wont look back:tongue:

Stephenite

Membå
Hello. New here. Agree with the OP. Tough. Did yoga for about a year.. ooo.. about 18 years ago. Hitching around as a directionless youth i ended up at a yoga retreat centre, and as i'm a nice bloke who's handy with a spade and a hammer they liked me, and I them. Thought i was pretty fit back then, and it's humbling (in a non-competitive manner, of course!) when 50-60yo housewives are much more flexible and, indeed, stronger than you are. Ok, you might be able to bench-press more, but the core strength required to do some of the postures and hold it is impressive. Must take it up again as it's also very calming and centering (without getting too hippy sounding).
By the way: Åssen går det, Dayvo? Engelsk, eller?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Have you met Dayvo yet?

longers

Legendary Member
Stephenite said:
Stephen will do. Or any variation on that.

Hi Steve :biggrin:

:rolleyes:

I keep meaning to have a go at a bit of yoga but haven't got past the thinking about it stage.

A friend recommends Hatha yoga as being bloody hard work.

Top Bottom