1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever wonder What's the point in Prosecuting Motorists?

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by spen666, 21 Apr 2017.

1. spen666

spen666 Veteran

2. rugby bloke

rugby bloke Über Member

Thought he had driven over a speed bump ??? There are no speed bumps any where near that junction.

3. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Veteran

If conceding authority on violence to the state is not protecting the innocent and punishing the guilty what should the population do?

4. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Bang on!

He stopped at the scene, says the report, but not before running over the victim.

I'd like to have seen at least a 4 week sentence.

5. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Dreadful. :cursing:

6. spen666

spen666 Veteran

3 paragraphs later....

Great journalism!

I would have liked to see a sentence of at least 6 months

classic33 likes this.
  7. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

I would trade off a custodial sentence with a longer ban - at least 5 years would be a start.

dave r and mjr like this.
  8. Tin Pot

Tin Pot Veteran

Guns can be licensed right? If the same guy walked down the street and shot this woman by mistake and through carelessness would he get hard time?

glasgowcyclist likes this.
  9. He'd get a certificate of proficiency

10. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Bang on!

I've said this many times before; the misuse of any other licensed article resulting in serious injury or death would attract permanent revocation of that licence. Drivers should not get this special exemption they seem to have.

Regulator, Scoosh, McWobble and 7 others like this.
  11. growingvegetables

growingvegetables Veteran

That'll teach him - get a different lawyer, and claim he thought it was a sack of potatoes falling from the sky. Then he'd have been found innocent. :cursing:

12. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Not neccesarily, but he could forget about owning a gun ever again. He could also lose his licence for some very minor reasons.

13. Lonestar

Lonestar Rat Run Cyclist

Detective Sergeant Cheryl Frost of the Met's roads and transport policing command said Olafusi's "reckless" driving was a "stark reminder of the dangers and consequences of using a mobile phone whilst behind the wheel".

Yeah a stark firking reminder but it wont stop drivers continually doing this so long as the sentences take the p155.:cursing:

14. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Is prison over-crowding the reason a jail sentence isn't given in cases like this?

15. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

Lifetime driving bans don't fill prisons very much.