Evolution of a boardman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
Argh! I've been rumbled :ph34r:

Hmmm <rub's chin> One mile from that ASDA..., Sharples, Halliwell, Tonge?

Garz

Squat Member
I bought a cheap compass from Decathlon which I wouldn't mind mounting. I have an extension bar to attach standard sized gadgets to but the compass has extremely small diameter. Any of you tinkerers have an idea?

Garz

Squat Member
I have seen this before but you know what, I missed an opportunity of suggesting a relative to get me this for Christmas! Doh

Good spot reminding me of these funky gadgets.

P.H

Über Member
Nice bike, but I thought this was going to be a thread about the new boutique style shops selling high end Boardmans. I passed one such shop today in Derby.

lejogger

Guru
Looks good, but what is 'hybrid composite' material?

The cynic in me thinks its just plastic, but happy to be corrected.
No, I think plastic is very much what it is... no reason why it shouldn't be strong enough though.
I've been looking at the K-edges and I'm struggling to justify the price.
You can pre-order the SRAM from Wiggle now for thirteen and a half quid, so I may take a gamble, and worst case it can go on the winter bike.

e-rider

crappy member
Here is a snapshot of the changes my boardman has seen in the last 18 months
Fresh from the shop with a cheap wired computer and m520 pedals.
10041j.jpg

Bar tape changed to black as it went grubby and a wireless computer added,pedals changed to a 600`s.cassette changed to an 11-28 along with the stem being dropped .
photo0032zo.jpg

And today, garmin 200 added and wheels changed to r501`s, stem dropped another spacer.
photo0095mi.jpg
you forgot to mention the bottle cages too

400bhp

Guru
I have just got a 605 and found it sits a bit too far back, so I was going to make a mount that would move it in front of the stem and also mount a couple of lights onto it.

Interesting. I wonder if that's symptomatic of you having too short a stem for your position? I've got a 705 and it sits on the sttem and it's in a perfect position.

Top Bottom