Examples of gross impertinence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
When my eldest was in business with me he got 14 days holiday a year, 7 Sundays and 7 Saturdays. I know I am a big softy, he left after 8 years and now has a job with 13 weeks holiday. I cannot say I blame him

400bhp

Guru
The implication being that my finances are so peniurous that my credit rating, should I need one, which I don't, would be materially affected by whether I'm registered to vote.

Your words state "could", not "would".

They are simply stating fact, and such a fact may be beneficial to many people.

byegad

Legendary Member
Some of you people must live a quiet life. On average we get a couple of cold calls a week, but some weeks we get as many as a dozen. I'm usually doing something when they call and have to put things down, before going to the door. Hence the no callers sign. I will never buy at the door, and anyone who does is almost certainly not getting a bargain.
Should I need insulation, a new service provider or anything else I'll shop around and get three quotes. So any cold caller is wasting his/her time, and mine.

Another example.

A few years ago our managing director was renovating his house and spending quite a lot at B&Q.

The assistant told him he could get discount if he took a B&Q card and put the purchases on that.

Application refused because he had no credit history.

That was sorted eventually, but I'm sure the application would have gone through on the nod had he kept up a record of responsible borrowing.

Another of my pet hates....

Earlier this year when I wanted foreign currency - M&S had the best rate, but only if you had their card

Took out the card, got the deal I wanted, paid it off and cancelled it.

Probably cost them more in admin than it would have to allowed me the better rate in the first place!

Some of you people must live a quiet life. On average we get a couple of cold calls a week, but some weeks we get as many as a dozen. I'm usually doing something when they call and have to put things down, before going to the door. Hence the no callers sign. I will never buy at the door, and anyone who does is almost certainly not getting a bargain.
Should I need insulation, a new service provider or anything else I'll shop around and get three quotes. So any cold caller is wasting his/her time, and mine.

We had a company selling double glazing and would not take the hint....

Took great delight in showing them the new windows and explaining that they had not even been considered as they had annoyed me with their frequent and persistent cold calling

Top Bottom