Excess cups

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I was just having a chat with my colleague about the number of cups we have in the office. When we returned after Covid we had a clear out and threw away about 30 cups! Our office has only ever held 12 people.

I also have about 15 cups at home, of which I only use about 4.

How many cups do you have, and does anyone else's collection seem to grow and grow?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Way too many at home
I can think of at least 4 that don't get used

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Very few cups, but loads of mugs, and of course we have our favourites so the others just gather dust.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Our home’s interior minister has a thing for mugs. Always buys in pairs - one for me, one for her. Except her taste and size preference differs from mine. So, mine get left unused. Then there’s the birthday/father’s day tat that’s accumulated over the years.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Too many - the office had an insane amount as I was in with Marketing, who had a load of generic branded mugs as well as their own mugs. For 20 staff there must have been 4x the amounts of mugs. Oh and add in take-away boxes that are re-used for holding lunch, but never taken home - we had piles of them.

OP
OP
E

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
birthday/father’s day tat that’s accumulated over the years
Yes I have quite a few of those too, some are from my neice/son/partner so I can't really get rid of them until they break.

Oddly enough I was given a set of 6 about 5 years ago for Christmas, but they're slightly too small for what I'd like so I've never used them (actually I htink I gave them to the charity shop)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Sorry I was lumping cups in with mugs. I don't think I've seen a proper tea cup for years. And does anyone still use saucers?

- only under the mugs, very occasionally.

Have loads over the years. Glasses as well. The trouble is it's hard to get rid of if it not broken. So it goes to back of the shelf.

Back in the office, as result of Covid all cups were replaced with paper disposal cups. And nobody is keen to go back to cups.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
More than we need, but now one of the kids has left home the dishwasher only get run approx every other day so there can be upwards of 10-15 in the machine by the time it's full, so while we never run out, we do get close to the back of the mug shelves more often. Plus youngest tends to leave a couple/few lurking in his bedroom before he finally gives in to the nagging to bring them downstairs!

Top Bottom